Words of Wisdom April 4 to 8

Standard

Select one of the quotes below, restate the quote, and add your own thoughts in at least 4 sentences.

Monday:  

A smile costs nothing, but gives much” (Anonymous)

Tuesday: “A smile cannot be bought, borrowed, or stolen.”  (Anonymous)

Wednesday:  

“Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push.” (Richard M. DeVos)

Thursday:  

“Smile at each other . . .  it doesn’t matter who it is – and that will help you grow up in the greater love for each other.”  (Mother Teresa)

Friday:  

“Everyone smiles in the same language.” (American Proverb)

74 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom April 4 to 8

1. courtneyca

“Smile at each other . . . it doesn’t matter who it is – and that will help you grow up in the greater love for each other.” When u smile at someone its like you grow closer to them. You get to feel more comfortable. That can then grow into love and get to know that person a lot better. A smile can go a long way…

2. Jack Ray

“Everyone smiles in the same language.” This is a very true statement. Everbody has the same facial expressions. No matter what language is spoken everybody smiles in the same language.

3. dc206339

“A smile costs nothing, but gives much” (Anonymous)
    A smile can go around. Even though you may not be in the mood to smile, smile anyways. It will help others around you.

4. dc206339

“A smile cannot be bought, borrowed, or stolen.” (Anonymous)
    You should always have a smile on your face. You should also keep smiles on other peoples face.

5. aminatol

I’m always smiling and laughing because I know that just one smile can brighten someones day.

6. dc206339

Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push.” (Richard M. DeVos)
    alot of people think money is worth more than a smile but its not. Always have a positive attitude. Stay fresh.

7. dc206339

Thats true. If everyone was always happy the world would be a better place.

8. ryanmuems

Everyone smiles in the same language.
    The smile is all the same language cause it does not matter what you are the smile is allways the same language.If I was walking too france and a person smiled I whould know that he or she is happy and they know if I smiled I whould be happy too.

9. evrettsh

Laughin is what makes you happy and when youre happy you grow. A day without laughing is a like not growing. every one should laught at least 5 times a day

10. tony

I agree with this one because there is no such thing as a Spanish smile, a Russian smile, an Italian smile and many other smiles. Their is only one smile THE smile.

11. tierraca

“A smile costs nothing, but gives much” (Anonymous).If smile,you can brighten someones day if they’ve been down.A simple smile can do a whole lot to a persons life and may even make them smile and make the happiness go around to everyone they known.

12. koreenapa

I agree because , if you just smile at someone it can really make their day. No one ever thinks of it that way but thats usually how it is , I would know. When someone just smiles at me it makes my day, im sure it’s the same for them too .

13. ea0068

My response to “Everyone smiles in the same language.” (American Proverb)
    I believe this because no mater what language you speak you know a smile from anywhere. No matter who you are if you show a smile im sure it will make someone else smile. *_”

14. andrewmaems

“A smile cannot be bought, borrowed, or stolen.
    I think this Is true because every human has a smile and you cannot borrow or steel or copy someones smile because that is true every person has their own smile that is my thought of that quote

15. Gunnar

“Everyone smiles in the same language”, is the one I’m responding to. No matter were you come from people always understand a smile. With this peole can be friends no matter were they are from.

16. shelbywa

Monday:

When you smile at someone and they are having a bad day, you can turn their day around. You can make someones day just by smiling at them. One of my friends was feeling down and as soon as I smiled or laughed, they seemed to get a little happier.

17. ac1001699

A smile costs nothing, but gives much
    When you smile its being palite to other people. Other times when you dont people and you smile thats showing manners to other people.
    And when you sime i smile back to be palight.

18. marissa apel

I think these words of wisdom are very true. You don’t have to pay to smile, but when you smile its priceless 😀

19. taylerso

Well a decision takes more then just doing it. It takes thinking in knowing.
    Thinking if your going to geting trouble or something.

20. timse

A smile cannot be bought, borrowed, or stolen.” I agree with this saying, because even if you are in the wordt situation and no money with everyone hating you they cannot take your smile. You also can’t take a smile it is your choice to smile. This is what i think of this quote.

21. hailyso

A smile costs nothing, but gives much”
    I think a smile makes other people smile because you know that there happy. You know you are having a great day and nothing is wrong. Remember when ever you smile I smile by Justin Bieber<3.

22. devingo

“A smile costs nothing, but gives much”
    That is true, smiles are free. You cant buy a smile.a smile could make a random persons day. but it also may not.

23. Anonymous

“A smile costs nothing, but gives much”.I thinck this means that you can smile at someone and it will make them feel better.It also means that it cost nothing and that you should do it more often.Thats what i think about this quote.