Words of Wisdom January 5 – 9

Standard

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

Theme – Kindness: Helping Others / Helping Ourselves

“Charity is never lost . . . it ever does a work of beauty and grace upon the heart of the giver.” (Thomas Middleton)

“The person who gives is a person who has”.  (Lithuanian Proverb)

“I expect to pass through life but once.  If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn)

76 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom January 5 – 9

1. peyton

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb)

I choose this quote because it true. This quote is true because it shows that if a person that has a lot will give to a person who dose not.

2. omar

“Charity is never lost . . . it ever does a work of beauty and grace upon the heart of the giver.” (Thomas Middleton Charity is for the world because we help the people in need.

3. Jared

I agree with this saying because it refers to how when you give something such as your time, money, or help you gain a little bit because you feel good that you helped someone. I agree with this statement and the message of charity it brings.

4. zac

I liked this quote because even if you don’t have much if you tell someone they have nice hair or clothes you get satisfaction. But if you are mean to people you get bad feed back from others.

5. Kiara

I agree with this quote. Giving isn’t always giving a gift. You could give a compliment or a stuffed panda bear.

6. Nathan

“The person who gives is a person who has.” (Lithuanian Proverb)
    I agree with it because it means to me that if you have more than needed you could donate something that you have extra to charity.
    I did this once when I had some extra coins that I didn’t need, and I gave them to the homeless.

7. Jonathan

I Disagree with this quote because there are a lot of good people who give to the poor and homeless, and yet the homeless and poor sometimes spend it on the stuff they do not need. The type of things that put them there in the first place, not all, but some.

8. Austin

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb). I believe this is true because you get a good feeling when you give to charity or give service or even just give kindness.

9. cameron

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb). I agree with this saying because you have to have something to give it. I think people should be thankful for whatc they give and get.

10. “Charity is never lost . . . it ever does a work of beauty and grace upon the heart of the giver.” (Thomas Middleton)

Though even the giver of kindness in this quote may not always realize it, this quote is completely true. No matter who or what you do, if it is an act of kindness, it certainly does both the parties well.

11. Erik

I picked this quote because I agree with it.
    If someone gives then they have stuff to give proving this quote. They will also get things in return so they will have more things.

12. Sammy

This quote is so true, because when you give to others, something physical or just in words, it makes you feel like a better person. You can give money to charity or just be kind, it makes people happy either way.

13. cassidy

I disagree with this quote because a person who has nothing can also give something. Like a person who is homeless can give a smile, just by smiling. So I disagree with this quote.

14. david

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb). I think statement is very true because people who are selfish don’t have a lot. For example if you have and you share that person will treat you the same. If your selfish no one will want to share with you because your self centered.

15. Hayden

“I expect to pass through life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn)
    This shows what we need to live and what our lives are about. What we can do allow us to live every day.

16. stephanie

I agree with this because you don’t need much to give someone something. If you don’t have much then it could be something like a small present or maybe a compliment.

17. Robert

I agree with this quote cause it’s not about getting it’s about giving. If you give things you get things back.

18. Ryan

This quote means that if you do something like being kind you have more than someone who isn’t. Even if you have nothing you can still be kind.

19. jesel

This is saying that if you give to a person you will not necessarily get a thing in return but you will get the good feeling of helping somebody. The people who give are the happy people in life.

20. nathan

If you give someone something it is something you cant buy. If you give someone something you get a feeling that you cant buy.

21. Max

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb) I chose this quote because
    a person who gives is caring to others. So people will like this person and give back to them.

22. cole

“Charity is never lost . . . it ever does a work of beauty and grace upon the heart of the giver.” (Thomas Middleton) I agree with this quote because some people would think that you get something if you donate,but what you really get is a good feeling in your heart. This also means you should donate to charity ,because people might not have that much food or are in pain.

23. Nathan

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb) I agree with this because it means that if you have a lot you can give a little to someone. I did this once when I went to church and I had some spare change in my pocket, and I put it in the basket.

24. Brad

Yes this is very true. The person who gave you something had it before you.

25. Davis

This post is very true. You don’t see poor people giving to other poor people. The people with money give to those that aren’t that fortunate. So in this quote it says that the people who have enough give to others that don’t.

26. Janilyn-Rayana

I believe that these quotes are trying to send the message that when someone gives or sacrifices, they get a gift back, kindness. And when people give/sacrifice, the other person will look up to them, thank them and they might even give you something in return because of your act of kindness. 🙂