Words of Wisdom November 9-13

Standard

laughter

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

“It isn’t enough to talk about peace.  One must believe in it.  And it isn’t enough to believe in it.  One must work at it.” (Spanish Proverb)

“You grow up the day you have your first real laugh – at yourself.” (Ethel Barrymore)

“A merry heart does good, like medicine.” (Hebrew Proverb)

53 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom November 9-13

1. Keaton

“It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” (Spanish Proverb)

I believe this quote means that you must do more than just say you want peace. You must actually do something about the wars and problems if you want to have peace.

2. Cole

It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” (Spanish Proverb)

3. Deven

This is the Wow for 9-13. While reading this Wow I thought that it meant that when you laugh at your self you grow up. I thought this meant that everyone does something stupid every once in a while and its better to laugh at it then to pretend that it didn’t happen. That was what I thought the Wow for this week was.