Words of Wisdom February 22 to 26

Standard

respect

Theme – Respecting Others

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

“The superior man sets a good example to his neighbors.  He is considerate of their feelings and their property.” (Confucius) 

“Racism comes from fear of the unknown or lack of knowledge and is usually stopped by information.”  (Farouk El-“Baz) 

“No one knows who’s buttoned up in that jacket”  (James Garfield)

69 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom February 22 to 26

1. brynna

“No one knows who’s buttoned up in that jacket” (James Garfield). Never judge a book by its cover is kinda what it is talking about. Not everyone know you until you know them.

2. Azul

“The superior man sets a good example to his neighbors. He is considerate of their feelings and their property.” (Confucius) You care about other peoples feelings, not only yourself. This sets a good example for people.

3. Wyatt

“The superior man sets a good example to his neighbors. He is considerate of their feelings and their property.” (Confucius)
    I like this quote because I have you want to set a good example to people for Odyssey of the mind. I have to do many speeches and adults think im mature.

4. Meghan

The superior man sets a good example to his neighbors. He is considerate of their feelings and their property.” (Confucius) I like this quote because it shows a big meaning. I think it means a nice person would be respectful to people and respect their stuff.I like this because it’s showing that someone is respecting someone.

5. Mealyiah

Racism comes from fear of the unknown or lack of knowledge and is usually stopped by information.” (Farouk El-“Baz) I think this quote means that people make fun of other culture/races because they don’t know enough knowledge about it so they make fun of them. This happens to me and still to day I get made fun of because of the color of my skin. So I think if you want to make fun of something get the knowledge and then give your opinion about it instead of the other way around.

6. Deven

I think that this means to think of people good before you know about them. I also thing that this means to consider their feelings and property, and or welcome them kindly. That was what I think the wow means.

7. brady

“No one knows who’s buttoned up in that jacket” (James Garfield) I think this means that if you change your personality for someone else , then nobody that you know won’t like you anymore. That is what I think this means.

8. eu3718

“Racism comes from fear of the unknown or lack of knowledge and is usually stopped by information.” (Farouk El-“Baz) I think this means that racism happens because people don’t know enough about them and their race.They might actually be nice and in the future you might become friends.

9. kk3618

“The superior man sets a good example to his neighbors. He is considerate of their feelings and their property.” (Confucius) So be kind to your neighbors and they will be nice back. I like to call it karma so be respectful.

10. trinity :)

“No one knows who’s buttoned up in that jacket” (James Garfield)
    I like this quote because it’s saying you never really truly know who someone is because they can just be faking I mean I do that sometimes.I think the only reason why people do that is because their scared about what people will think of them .

11. Jayson

“Racism comes from fear of the unknown or lack of knowledge and is usually stopped by information.” (Farouk El-“Baz)
    I think this means that people just are racist to seem cool. They only do this because they are scared.

12. Nate

This quote means that technically people cant judge you until they know you. Also that you should express who you are.

13. Travis

I agree with this quote because superior means a better person, object, ect. If you are a superior person then it’ll be easy to be an example or role model.

14. “The superior man sets a good example to his neighbors. He is considerate of their feelings and their property.” (Confucius)
    I think this means that you should set a good example for anybody, and should always be a role model. And to respect other peoples property, and be considerate about their feelings.

15. ms2149

“The superior man sets a good example to his neighbors. He is considerate of their feelings and their property.” (Confucius) This is true because it is always better to be the bigger person in a bad situation.And it is good to set a good example for other people. And to care about other peoples feelings instead of just yourself.

16. Alyssa

This quote is telling us, that not everyone knows and understands you until, you know and understand them. You need to try and understand people who you want yourself to be understanded. This is what I think this quote means.

17. Sarah M.

Racism comes from fear of the unknown or lack of knowledge and is usually stopped by information.” (Farouk El-“Baz) I believe this quotes means ignorant people are Racist. They think it makes them cool.

18. demoni

19. Max

I believe this is true because most people judge without knowing the person. This happens everyday and people are hurt by it because people think they know what the person does or who he is by their skin color or actions.