Words of Wisdom February 29 to March 4

Standard

twitter gossipSelect one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) 

“People who belittle will be little people and accomplish little.” (Robert Schuller) 

Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) 

76 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom February 29 to March 4

1. “Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) This means that every person has the right to not be accused of or pushed to do certain things. They will want to treat you as you treated them. Like the Golden Rule goes, “Treat others how you would want to be treated.”

2. Tyler

I think the first one would be the best because that is true if they gossip to you, they will gossip about you. I think that’s true because they have loyalty to you, so they gossip about other people and then they start gossiping about you behind your back.

3. Delanie

This means that people who make people seem unimportant feel little themselves and want others to feel their pain. They will keep putting others down and accomplish nothing but hurting others.

4. Austin

I think the last one is the best because this is what people have been fighting for for years. Also, it would make our world better. “Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy)

5. savannah

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I agree with this quote because I believe you can trust no one. I believe everyone will turn on you eventually.

6. Jordan

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy)

I have heard this famous quote a lot, mostly from my parents. I think that this quote is still relevant today. I have learned from past experience that if you are mean to someone they will be mean to you, unless they are the nicest person in the world.

7. Sarah C

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.”
    People should treat people the way they want to be treated, don’t be mean to someone if you do not want to be treated that way. Everyone should treat people like they would want to be treated so in my opinion i would be nice to people and in return people shopuld be nice back.

8. Tyler M

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) This says that how a person talks, they would want someone to talk in the same way. If you don’t want people to talk to you badly then don’t go talking to people badly.

9. Tori

I think what Robert is trying to say is that people who bully and hurt people are hurt themselves and that since they can’t move on or do something about the hurt inside of them, they are stuck repeatedly bullying. Bullying will lead to accomplishing little and just make others feel more pain.

10. Lauryn

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb)

I agree with this quote because it is more than true that when someone gossips to you it’s most likely they gossip about you too. Same goes for people who hear gossip they may spread it when they hear it or talk about the person who told them.

11. Evan

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) This quote means that if you talk bad to others they will talk bad about you. I agree with this quote.

12. Darynn

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I agree with this because if someone talks bad or spreads gossip about other people you cant trust them to not about you. So if someone that gossips to you is probably gossiping about you to someone else.

13. Meghan

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I think this means that if you listen to gossip that’s not true then the person who is telling you gossip is probably gossiping about you. If you don’t gossip then people won’t gossip about you.

14. Nicole

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I think that means a lot of different things. One thing that it can mean is that if you gossip about someone with someone that same person will gossip about you most likely.

15. Alyssa

I think this quote means that if you think bad or good about others, they will think bad or good about you. If you gossip bad about others, they will talk bad about you. If you talk good about others, they will too.

16. Kasey

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) I like this word of wisdom quote because I can understand it and I get it’s meaning. And I think it makes a very good point.

17. Nate

This quote means that if you want to be treated respectfully, you have that right to be treated respectfully. Also that you have the right to give respect also that is how you get the right to get respect.

18. nc0506

I like this quote because it is very true.I treat people with respect because I want to be treated with respect.

19. Travis

I agree with this statement because you cant trust people now a days. People are always trying to try and spread gossip.

20. Alissa

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) This quote means a couple of things to me because it’s so true according to our current generation. First off, I feel like a lot of people can relate to this quote because someone may know someone one who tells them about their gossips which then later that person who was the one telling them about their gossips are now the ones gossiping about the person they were talking to.

21. bb3339

Never talk about people. If you do you won’t end up as well as them.

22. diego

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb).This quote tells me that if someone gossips to you,then they most likely gossip about you and probably more people.This quote is very true in most scenarios.

23. demoni

24. ayden

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I agree with this because if someone talks bad or spreads gossip about other people you cant trust them to not about you. If your friend or somebody close to you gossips with you will soon gossip about you.

25. ck0428

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.”(Lebanese Proverb). This tells me that you cant trust anyone. People are always spreading gossip.

26. Alyssa D'Ambrogia

People do gossip, and I believe this quote is true. Because even if they don’t at school they can at home… If they gossip, be careful, because you could be the next they gossip about.