Words of Wisdom February 29 to March 4

Standard

twitter gossipSelect one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) 

“People who belittle will be little people and accomplish little.” (Robert Schuller) 

Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) 

76 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom February 29 to March 4

1. Travis

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) I like this quote because it says that we can be treated how we want to which reminds me of the golden rule. This can also go another way like if we want to only be treated with luxury all the time in life.

2. Chaz

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) I believe this is true because everyone deserves to be treated how they want to be treated. It is a lot like, treat people how you want to be treated and they will treat you that way back.

3. Sean

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) I like this quote because it shows how the golden rule comes into play in life. The golden rule is treat others how you want to be treated.

4. Aidan

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) I like this quote because everyone who treats you nice wants to be treated the same way.
    The golden rule is treat people how you wanna be treated.

5. Sean

I like the quote “He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) because it is true. When someone gossips with you they will always gossip about you because if they want to gossip with they really know you.

6. Kayla

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) I like this quote because, you have to treat people the way you want to be treated. Also if you treat a person nicely, they will treat you nicely too.

7. Nala

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I like this quote because it is very true. When you gossip to someone, a bystander might hear you and then gossip about you behind your back, telling the other person about how your such a gossiper, to the person who was gossiping to you.

8. Ryder

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) This quote is true because if you treat people nice they will be treated nice. I am nice to my friends so they are nice to me.

9. Thomas

I like the quote “Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” The reason I like this quote is because I believe that every person should be treated fairly. Another reason I like this quote is because every race of person should be treated like a fair American.

10. Kiran

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy).I like this quote because it has a really big meaning. It means that everyone should be treated by how they want. If they want to be treated nice then treat them nice. But that person she be nice to others too.

11. hg2578

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb).I like this quote because it happens to everyone!I learned this lesson a few days ago when I got mad at my friend,turns out the girl told lies about me! So i learned my lesson of gossiping and I will not do it again.

12. Jacob

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb). This quote means if you are talking behind someone’s back the person your talking to would probably talk behind your back to. If you are making fun of someone people will make fun of you to.

13. ava

“People who belittle will be little people and accomplish little.” (Robert Schuller) It is saying if you make someone unimportant you will not achieve a lot. It could also mean don’t make people think that they are unimportant.

14. Chris

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) I like this quote because what if someone is being nice to a lot of people.Then someone comes up and bumps the person that is being nice to everyone.That is not fair.

15. jenna

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy). I think that this means that every american should be treated fairly. Everyone should be treated how they wish to be treated because then the world would be way more organized and fair if people are treated how they want to be treated.

16. Keanna

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb)
    This means that someone that gossips to you about others with gossip about you to others. These are the kind of people you shouldn’t hang out with.

17. Richard

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) This is basically saying treat others how you want to be treated. If you be a jerk to others, you will be treated the same way. If you want to be treated with respect, treat others with respect.

18. Trishaal

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I think that it means that if you gossip you will talk bad about other people. Then other people will not like you.

19. mb0149

I chose this quote because it tells you that if someone gossips to you they will gossip about you. It also says that you shouldn’t gossip because people gossip about you.

20. michael

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) Gossip should stop and other should respect each other. The more respect the less gossip there will be.

21. Tyler

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy)

I agree with this quote because everybody should be treated fairly and kindly. If they want to be treated good, then they should be treated good.

22. Tanner

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I think it mean if you talk about someone they will talk about you.If i talk about Leo He will talk about me.

23. Caleb

I disagree with this, I do because if you treat somebody bad, the most likely will reciprocate the behavior. If I am mean to someone, someone will be mean to me.

24. Mikayla

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) No matter how horrible someone might be,everybody deserves to be treated kindly. Everybody deserves a second chance.

25. Jarrett

I agree because if someone gossips about someone then they will go gossip to the next person about you. Also this will continue on an infinite loop and different people would be their supply of gossip and when someone gossips and spreads rumors about you, you then include yourself in the loop and you may get in trouble for it.

26. Kennedy

I like this quote because it is basically saying to treat others the same way you want them to treat you. It is saying to be respectful to others.

27. Cody

I chose this statement because I do not agree with it. If someone gossips about me I don’t gossip about them.

28. Leo

To me this quote means that people that gossip with you will at some point gossip about you. Also if you gossip about people will also gossip about you, so it’s best not to gossip.

29. cole

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I think this quote means that if people talk bad about you they will also say good things. This quote could also mean people shouldn’t gossip.

30. Bradley

This statement is true you cannot trust someone if they gossip because they will more then likely gossip about you people lie just to make them seem cool if you have a friend that gossips you need to hope they don’t gossip about you.
    People make friends and lose friends but you will always have a friend that stay’s with you who doesn’t gossip.

31. Caleb

I agree with this quote because by talking bad about somebody is only going to get you gossiped about. You should treat everyone with respect and if you do that, then people will treat you with respect.

32. Bryan

Though I like John F. Kennedy I disagree with this since not everyone deserves to be treated how they want it’s another golden rule concept.

33. *-{Emma}-*

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy
    This quote is true because you should not be mean to other people if you don’t want someone to be mean to you. You should always treat people how you want to be treated.

34. Brylie

I think this quote is trying to tell us to never gossip about other people. A person who gossips with you will probably gossip about you when your not around.

35. eu3718

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I think this means that if you gossip about some one they will gossip about you.You should not gossip about people even if you do not like them because that is wrong.

36. Max

This means that if someone gossips to you, then they probably gossip about everyone including you. I believe this is true because someone isn’t going to only gossip about one person, they are going to continue gossiping about other people.

37. Eddie

I choose this quote because I think it is saying that you should treat others how you want to be treated. Also that you should do the right thing’s in the world not the wrong one’s.

38. DAVID

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) “Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy)

He was absolutely right. You should always treat others as if they were you.

39. Mealyiah

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy) I think this quote means that if you treat someone with respect your going to get that respect back. But if you don’t your nit going to get that respect. So you should always treat someone they why you want to be treat cause that’s what your going to get back in return.

40. brynna

“Every American ought to have the right to be treated as he would wish to be treated.” (John F. Kennedy). If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it at all. Everyone needs to know if you treat someone badly then just think is that how you want to be treated.

41. steven

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) This is true. Because if someone talks about someone else to you it must be true that they will talk about you. This is also true because they start and spread it to other people and they would start and spread it about you.

42. Brandon

I agree with this because its true. I also agree with this because what comes around goes around.

43. trevor

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I like this quote because it is a good life lesson. A person who gossips to you is probably not a good person, he will gossip about everyone, including you.

44. KARDALE

It means that if you have a friend and he talks about someone else he will talk about you to.

So if you have a friend that talks about someone then they are also talking about you to.

45. Ryan

I think that this quote means that people should treat people that way you would want to be treated. Don’t be mean to others because that is not the way you want to be treated.

46. kk3618

He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb) I don’t think gossip is a good thing to do because it can come out wrong and mean.mean. Gossip is like a different language to be mean to someone.So be nice to someone by not gossiping.

47. Jayson

I think this means that you have to treat people like you want to be treated. If not you will be treated bad.

48. Deven

I think that this wow means that if someone gossips to you that means that they have gossiped to someone else. I also think that this means to not hang out with people that gossip because you will get pulled into the mix. That was what I thought the wow for this week meant.

49. trinity :)

This quote is saying that if some talks drama or gossip to you that means that they’re probably going to be talking about you. So watch out on who you become friends with.

50. brady

“He who gossips to you will gossip about you.” (Lebanese Proverb)I think this means that if someone gossips to you about someone then they will go to that person and tell them what you said.That is what i think this means.