Words of Wisdom May 16-20

Standard

make a difference

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

“I thought I was poor because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.  So, I took his shoes.  After all, he wasn’t using them . . . ”  (Arabian Proverb)

“Your best shot at happiness, self-worth, and personal satisfaction – the things that make up real success – is not in earning as much as you can but in performing as well as you can something that you consider worthwhile” (William Raspberry)

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin)

69 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom May 16-20

1. Dylan

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin). This quote shows how you can’t do only one thing in life and you have to show effort toward other things. In Conclusion this quote wants you to do more than one thing in life.

2. Brandon

I think we should all be creative to create a better place and a better us. We can make our lives and the world better by being creative and it being good.

3. Chase

“I thought I was poor because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So, I took his shoes. After all, he wasn’t using them . . . ” (Arabian Proverb). This quote is to tell people basically that they can’t complain if they don’t have something. And, also to say that if you don’t have something you want…look at people that don’t have something they need.

4. Anushka

I agree. Everyone in the world is creative, they can make something new to change the world. Everyone can at least change the world somehow a little bit.

5. Marianna

“I thought I was poor because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So, I took his shoes. After all, he wasn’t using them . . . ” (Arabian Proverb). This shows that a man with no shoes took a man with no feet’s shoes because he wasn’t using them. I think he should have gone barefoot.

6. Kathryn

I think this quote is very great because our job is to make this world a happy and peaceful place. Most people might not think that its possible to make that world a better place but by being creative you can.

7. Kyle

“I thought I was poor because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So, I took his shoes. After all, he wasn’t using them . . . ” (Arabian Proverb)

Let’s say you dislike your family for a certain reason, and then you meet a person with no family. By seeing a man with no family, you greater value your own.

8. Adrianna

Your best shot at happiness, self-worth, and personal satisfaction – the things that make up real success – is not in earning as much as you can but in performing as well as you can something that you consider worthwhile” (William Raspberry)

This is a great quote because it shows that you do not have to be the best at something all the time. All that is important is to try your best at the work or activity and make it a good lasting memory.

9. Miranda

“Your best shot at happiness, self-worth, and personal satisfaction – the things that make up real success – is not in earning as much as you can but in performing as well as you can something that you consider worthwhile” (William Raspberry) You don’t need things that other people have to be happy. You don’t need those shoes, or the money, or those clothes. Just be yourself and then you can be happy. Be the best person you can be and it will make other people happy. Nobody likes it when you try to be something you aren’t. So just be yourself and not a fake.

10. Jordan

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin) This quote is important because if everyone helps out in the world to make it a better place we have to come up with different ideas. This quote is also important because if everyone helps out with new ideas we can make a difference and help out the world.

11. KYLE

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin) This quote means that in your life you have to have happiness and creativity. This would make the world a better place because everyone would be happier.

12. Kaylee

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. “Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin). I agree with this statement because if no one tries to make the world a better place it will always be the same. You also have to be creative to make the world a better place because if you aren’t creative everything would be boring.

13. Khalif

“I thought I was poor because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So, I took his shoes. After all, he wasn’t using them . . . ” (Arabian Proverb) Your not really poor there are people who have it worst then you. We should share what we have if we don’t use them.

14. ca0105

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin) What he is trying to say is that all of us are going to change the world is some way. People always say that we are going to change the world somehow but we’re not really sure how.

15. ainsley

“Your best shot at happiness, self-worth, and personal satisfaction – the things that make up real success – is not in earning as much as you can but in performing as well as you can something that you consider worthwhile” (William Raspberry) Your best chance at living a real, good life is not earning and getting a lot of stuff, it’s doing your best at something you love to do. I like the message this quote gives, because like all the quotes I choose, it exemplifies how I want to live my life, and reminds me of the favorite brand where I grew up: Life is Good. Do what you like and like what you do.

16. giselle

Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin)If we try to make the world a better place then we may be able to become successful in life. We should all try to help someone at least once a day and that would make the world a very good and wonderful place to live in. So we should think about what we are going to say and make sure that what we say is not offending or mean because it might be a complement to you but to them it can be something rude. Lets try to make a world a place where people want to live not a place where people are going to be treated in a non-respectful way or manner.

17. hugo

Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Latin)By pick king all the trash and no more smoking or drinking bride. and no more puluthion that killed the earth.

18. jenna

I think that this means that you should be thankful for what you have because some people don’t have anything. You should always appreciate what you have and never take anything for granted.

19. cole

“I thought I was poor because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So, I took his shoes. After all, he wasn’t using them . . . ” (Arabian Proverb) I think this quote means we take things for granted. It also means we should appreciate more.

20. mb0149

I chose this quote because it tells you to think about everyone. It also says that if you think your struggling there is someone in a worse place then you.

21. Tyler

I agree with this quote because this world is not a very good place right now. It needs to be better no matter how it happens.

22. Caleb

I agree with this. I think you should not get caught up in a pity party. There are people with actual problems.

23. Bradley

If you have it hard there is someone that has it even harder. You should never feel bad about what you have because someone out there loves you and will be there for you.

24. Mikayla

Your best shot at happiness, self-worth, and personal satisfaction – the things that make up real success – is not in earning as much as you can but in performing as well as you can something that you consider worthwhile” (William Raspberry) Do something that makes you happy, then once your’e successful in that field you will be rich in satisfaction and self worth. All the money in the world will not make you a better person.

25. Tanner

He is trying to say you dont need to do stuff you dont want to and his shoes where messed up but he meant someone with no shoes.Which changed his mind and he said at least Im not like that.

26. Mark

“I thought I was poor because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So, I took his shoes. After all, he wasn’t using them . . . ” (Arabian Proverb) this is showing you shouldnt take other people shoes.

27. Trishaal

Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin) I think this quote means to try to do what we can to make Earth more like paradise. So in order to do that we have to be creative.

28. ayden

I think that this means that if you have no shoes then you should find a man that has no feet and just take his shoes. But for example if you do not have any gloves then you should find a man that has no hands and just take his gloves because he can’t use them anyway.

29. Kennedy

I like this quote because it is basically saying that we need to be creative in order to make the word a better place. We need to use our positivity and creativity to make the world better.

30. Spencer

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin) To me this says that for each person that alive, they are called to make the world better. This also says to me that our lives need to be creative in order to complete this task.

31. Arcel

The world won’t get better unless we make it. The only way we can make it better is if we all join together.

32. Austin

“I thought I was poor because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So, I took his shoes. After all, he wasn’t using them . . . ” (Arabian Proverb)You shouldn’t think that because you don’t have something then your not as good as everyone. Others have less than you.

33. Keanna

This shows you should not wallow in self pity because others have it worse. Others may have something you don’t but that doesn’t mean you need to pity yourself.

34. Leo

I chose thus quote because I agree. I think we were put on this Earth for a reason. Maybe we could change something that could change the future. Also I love the idea of why we were put here. No one knows why were on this Earth, and I love how “Mysterious”.

35. Jarrett

Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin)
    I agree because no matter how bleak times get we need to remember we all have a purpose in the world. If we do nothing and just waste our lives away we have served no purpose and their immediate being has drastically affected the world and given someone else the job to clean up after you.

36. michael

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin) This quotes meaning is to make things better. I agree with this quote. We need more people to try and make the world a better place.

37. Richard

“Your best shot at happiness, self-worth, and personal satisfaction – the things that make up real success – is not in earning as much as you can but in performing as well as you can something that you consider worthwhile” (William Raspberry) Life is an adventure full of experiences that everyone has. Life also gives you a lot of chances, to give you a shot of success in life. And sometimes you have to take those chances or else you might never have that chance again.

38. tearryck

I think this means that people are different. But i think that you need to think of others.

39. km2368

We all need to make the world a better place.We need to help out the world by being creative.

40. brady

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin) I think this means that not just one person will change the world.Also, i think it means that if you want to change the world, you must be creative about it.

41. Brylie

“Your best shot at happiness, self-worth, and personal satisfaction – the things that make up real success – is not in earning as much as you can but in performing as well as you can something that you consider worthwhile” (William Raspberry) I think that this quote is trying to tell us that we don’t need everything to have great success. We just need to have a good attitude and perform everything to the best of your ability because it will help us in the long run.

42. diego

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin).This quote means each person should try to make the world a better place.Our lives must be creative meaning be unique and do your own thing.

43. Cole

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin) This quote is saying we all are in this world and while we are in it we should make it a better place. We should be creative to make a difference in the world.

44. brynna

“Your best shot at happiness, self-worth, and personal satisfaction – the things that make up real success – is not in earning as much as you can but in performing as well as you can something that you consider worthwhile” (William Raspberry). Make yourself happy. Everyone is different so let you be you.

45. Max

This means that you are never the unluckiest person in the world because you could have something worse happen to you. I agree with this because you could say you didn’t get your candy you wanted but people could be saying I haven’t ate in 10 days.

46. Alyssa D'Ambrogia

I agree with this quote as it is saying, is proving that you can do it. To earn success, happiness , self-worth and personal satisfaction is proving you can do it as well as you can.

47. Zach

I think this quote is very meaningful for a few reasons since you must be thankful for what you have. Don’t be mad at things you don’t have, be happy for what you have.

48. Jayson

I think this means that do not judge yourself. You never know what you have that people do not.

49. eu3718

“Each of us is called to make the world a better place. Our lives must be creative.” (Father Edward J. Lavin)We all make the world a better place.Like by recycling, cleaning the environment, or by giving to the poor.We all were put here for a reason and that reason will make the world a better place.

50. Wyatt

I honestly don’t understand this quote too much because it isn’t entirely true. Not everyone wants to make it a better place but if you do you must be creative.