Words of Wisdom May 23-27

Standard

rubies

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

Knowledge without wisdom is a house without doors.”

“To succeed, consult three old people.” (Chinese Saying)

“Wisdom is better than rubies, and all things that may be desired are not to be compared with it.” (Solomon)

72 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom May 23-27

1. Anushka

“Knowledge without wisdom is a house without doors.”

If you do not know knowledge, how can you learn and find a way out with no doors in your house?

2. KYLE

“Wisdom is better than rubies, and all things that may be desired are not to be compared with it.” (Solomon) This quote means that wisdom is better than rubies. When you have wisdom, that’s better than having all kinds of stuff and junk.

3. Chase

“To succeed, consult three old people.” (Chinese Saying) This is one quote that I really agree with because older people have gone farther in life than you have yet. If you ask an older person about something that you’re scared of, they will probably and most likely have an answer to that fear or that question that you asked them.

4. Miranda

“To succeed, consult three old people.” (Chinese Saying) When you consult an older person, you can get some ideas or some advice. Since they are older, they have lived longer and can share their experience. Their advice can really help since they might have gone through that in their lives.

5. ainsley

“To succeed, consult three old people.” (Chinese Saying) This quote says that if you want to succeed, talk to older people that have experience. For example, I was scared of going into seventh grade and being vice president. I talked to a lot of my seventh grade friends, and Trinity Otis and Morgan Rajala. They told me all the ups and downs, and I’m not scared anymore. I think seventh grade is going to be a really fun year.

6. Kyle

Knowledge without knowing how to use it is utterly useless knowledge. For instance, you know how to cut down a tree, but not how to use or obtain an axe.

7. Kathryn

this quote is very true because you could know every thing In the world, memorize every single word in the dictionary, but if u don’t have wisdom then there’s no point. If you do have wisdom that you have more experience with stuff so you can know how to handle your amount of knowledge.

8. Marianna

“Wisdom is better than rubies, and all things that may be desired are not to be compared with it.” (Solomon). This means that wisdom is more important than money. I agree with this quote because I believe wisdom is more important than money.

9. Adrianna

This quote is very true because people who don’t know how to handle their extreme wealth can sometimes have bad consequences. Some examples are losing friends, becoming bankrupt, and even have a higher risk of divorce. That’s why having wisdom is much better than being extremely wealthy.

10. Cali

“Knowledge without wisdom is a house without doors.” I agree with this quote because you might have a lot of knowledge but not a lot of wisdom. If you don’t have wisdom then it wouldn’t matter if you have knowledge. People would rather have wisdom than knowledge.

11. Kaylee

“Knowledge without wisdom is a house without doors.” This quote is true because you could know every word in the encyclopedia and know what it means. If you have no wisdom then you can’t do anything with your knowledge so there is no point.

12. ca0105

“Wisdom is better than rubies, and all things that may be desired are not to be compared with it.” (Solomon) What he is trying to say is that wisdom is better than money. Money can not buy happiness in a TV show that I watch, a very rich person has no friends so he wanted to pay someone to be his friend but he just said that the guy would be his friend without the money.

13. Jordan

“Wisdom is better than rubies, and all things that may be desired are not to be compared with it.” (Solomon) I think this quote is the best because being rich and not spending it smart is not better than having less money but being smarter. I think this because wisdom is always better than money.

14. Anushka

If you do not know knowledge, how can you learn and find a way out with no doors in your house? You will never succeed this way.

15. giselle

“Knowledge without wisdom is a house without doors.”This means that if you have a lot of knowledge but you don’t have lots of wisdom like you have gone through that then it is like a house having no doors that means that it is like us we can have a lot of knowledge but we don’t know yet what life is about. We may have a lot of knowledge but that does not mean that we know everything and how we are going to behave later in life to different type of problems.We should think that the life with out wisdom would not be anything anymore it would just be life with knowledge.

16. Khalif

“To succeed, consult three old people.” (Chinese Saying) If you don’t understand you can ask someone who already went through it. One time I was confused so I asked my sister cause she already did it in school.

17. hugo

“To succeed, consult three old people.”This quote means that if you wont to succeed you should ask people older to give you some ad vise about things they past thru.Then you could tell people wen your older then you cod give them ad vise.

18. Tanner

It Means that if you don’t have knowledge cause you don’t have any doors in your house and that you need to be smart to get doors.

19. mb0149

I chose this quote because it says if you you don’t have wisdom but you have knowledge it doesn’t matter. It also says you need wisdom and knowledge.

20. Leo

I chose this quote because I agree. You can have all the knowledge in the world, but you need wisdom to guide you with it. Personally I think wisdom is more important.

21. Kennedy

I think this quote means that is the knowledge does not have wisdom then it has no point just like a house without doors. A house is pointless without doors just like knowledge without wisdom.

22. Tyler

I agree with this quote because it means that wisdom is the most important thing that you can have. It is better than any other thing that a human has.

23. Mikayla

“Knowledge without wisdom is a house without doors.” If you are intelligent but you can’t apply it, your knowledge is useless. You must be able to apply it for your intelligence to be of any use to anyone.

24. Cody

I chose this statement because it is a very strong saying. I also thinks that it really says something and can effect people.

25. michael

“To succeed, consult three old people.” (Chinese Saying) This quote means trust your elders because they have more knowledge. I agree with this quote. If people think about doing something they should talk to some older people for advise first.

26. jenna

I think that this means that wisdom is something that is very important. You must apply wisdom for intelligence, and you can’t apply rubies for intelligence.

27. Keanna

I believe this means that without wisdom knowledge is nothing. You may have knowledge but wisdom is needed to complete the knowledge.

28. Jarrett

I agree with this because if you want to cross check information you should check multiple sources to make sure it is correct. Three old people are good sources because as they age they acquire wisdom and wisdom helps in many ways.

29. Mark

“To succeed, consult three old people.” (Chinese Saying) This is saying that no matter how old they are you still need to help them and you’ll be successful.

30. Arcel

There’s no point in knowing something if you aren’t smart enough to do something with that knowledge. If you don’t have the knowledge to do something about it whats the point in trying to learn it?

31. Caleb

I don’t necessarily agree with this, because not all old people are successful. I think they should’ve said successful people, not old people.

32. cole

“To succeed, consult three old people.” (Chinese Saying) I think this quote means we should care about old people more. It also means that old people are wise.

33. Bradley

This statement is saying that you need to other piece to the puzzle with out it is nothing. You cant complete something with the other piece of the puzzle.

34. Richard

Not all the money in the world can buy you wisdom. Nothing is more valuable then wisdom. Wisdom can not be bought, and it cannot be sold. It is something you gain as you go through life. And it can’t ever be replaced. And you can’t ever lose it.

35. Trishaal

“Wisdom is better than rubies, and all things that may be desired are not to be compared with it.” (Solomon) I think this quote means that wisdom is valued over everything. So with that wisdom, you will influence others around you.

36. ayden

“Wisdom is better than rubies, and all things that may be desired are not to be
    I think this means that if you have Wisdom then you do not need anything. They put rubies because that is a rare expensive material and it is trying to tell you that all you need is Wisdom then you will be fine.

37. Caleb

I chose this one because you need to reach out to the public to succeed. Take Presidents, they have to reach out to everybody to do what they do to succeed.

38. Spencer

“Wisdom is better than rubies, and all things that may be desired are not to be compared with it.” (Solomon) To me this is telling me that rubies are very expensive which means that wisdom is worth so much more. This is also telling me that nothing is able to live up to the fact that wisdom is one of the most valuable things that you can get.

39. Austin

“Knowledge without wisdom is a house without doors.” This means that you need wisdom to have a full set of knowledge. If you don’t have wisdom then your not complete.

40. Leo

I chose this quote because I agree. You could have all the wisdom n the world, but you need wisdom to guide you. Without wisdom knowledge is useless to me.

41. km2368

“Knowledge without wisdom is a house without doors.” If you dont have wisdom you will not have door open for you. You will not have as many chance to do things as if you have wisdom .

42. Eddie

I choose this quote because I think it is saying that having good knowledge without wisdom is not the greatest choice. Also that having wisdom can come to you young or old.

43. Wyatt

This quote isn’t entirely correct. There are some problems that elders can’t solve.
    Then again, there are problems elders can solve.

44. DAVID

Having material things with no wisdom is like having a gun with no trigger. It is almost entirely useless.

45. Jayson

I think this means that you have to be nice to succeed in life. If not then you won’t succeed.

46. Mealyiah

“Wisdom is better than rubies, and all things that may be desired are not to be compared with it.” (Solomon) This means that you should care about wisdom more than rubies. You should care about the wisdom you have you will always have rubies. But wisdom you will only have once in life time. So take all the wisdom you have care about it. I agree this quote.

47. Brylie

“Wisdom is better than rubies, and all things that may be desired are not to be compared with it.” (Solomon) I think that this quote is trying to say the best thing you can have is wisdom. It compares wisdom to rubies which shows that things may be wanted but you many not be compared to it.

48. Zach

This quote is very important since it is very true. Being wise is much more important than having wealth. You will be much more happy if you are rich in wisdom than in physical objects.

49. Alyssa D'Ambrogia

I disagree with this quote, because if you were robbed, they would want money, gold, and other expensive stuff, not your brain. But you should use your wisdom.

50. Jace

I like this sentence because it is inspiring to me in a lot of ways. The reason I like this sentence is because it is saying you can be the smartest person on the world but if you don’t use it right then theirs no point in having it.