Words of Wisdom August 15-19

Standard

character counts

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

“. . . the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” (Anne Frank)

“Character is what you know you are, not what others think you are.”  (Marva Collins) 

“The great hope of society is individual character”  (William Channing)   

8 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom August 15-19

1. Trishaal

“Character is what you know you are, not what others think you are.” (Marva Collins). I think this quote means that you know who you are. Not what others think you are.

2. Wesley

The great hope of society is individual character” (William Channing). This is true because different people in are society make us diverse and different. If are society was all the same people that looked a like and wore the same cloths are society would be very boring and not different at all.

3. Aidan

Character is what you know you are, not what others think you are.” (Marva Collins) I like this quote because it makes you think you don’t have to be popular to have friends. Why I like this quote is because so many people think that if they are popular they will have more friends.

4. ivan

“The great hope of society is individual character” (William Channing). This is true because we are not the only people in this seociety. I like this quote because its meaningful.

5. Madison

“Character is what you know you are, not what others think you are.” (Marva Collins).This quote explains that you should choose who you want to be and not let others choose. If you see someone trying to fit in with others but they are letting others choose who they are you should say that you can choose who you are.

6. kayla

the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” (Anne Frank)WhatI think this means is that someone is lying and they know that they are lying and and they might fell bad about it.

7. Tristan

“Character is what you know you are, not what others think you are.” (Marva Collins) I think this is a very true quote because lately all around the world kids have been getting bullied or picked on. So kids really need to know this because they are being brought down every single day for how they look or speak, so when I see this I just remember that all kids should see this and know it doesn’t matter what other people think as long as they are confident.

8. Jakob

“Character is what you know you are, not what others think you are.” (Marva Collins)
    Why I like this quote is because it truthful fact, what I mean is that it’s true people don’t know who you are, only you know who you are.Another reason why I like the quote is because it explains a lot about what other people people can think of you, like they might think you are a complete nerd but actually you can be a really good gamer.