Welcome to the Excelsior, home of the Falcons! I’m Mrs. Colbert, wife, mother, teacher, nerd. FalconsTech is in its fifth year of existence, growing by leaps and bounds every year. The blog started as a way for students to practice responding to an online prompt in using academic language in order to balance out their writing on social media. That purpose continues in the technology classes. Along the way I started a blogging class and got students involved in the Student Blogging Challenge. Student posts are now featured on Falcons Tech so we can extend our reach to other students and classes.

Our school is located in Byron, California which is between San Francisco and Sacramento.  We are in a rural area with some students living on ranches and others in a recreational community.  Just three school comprise our district, two elementaries and one middle school.

I’ve been teaching for 26 years and love changing grades and subjects every few years. Currently, my courses include TEAM (advisory), technology, blogging, Leadership and yearbook. In my free time I enjoy working out and participating in the Avon39 walks.