About Me

Page

Welcome to the Excelsior, home of the Falcons! I’m Mrs. Colbert, wife, mother, teacher, nerd. FalconsTech is in its fifth year of existence, growing by leaps and bounds every year. The blog started as a way for students to practice responding to an online prompt in using academic language in order to balance out their writing on social media. That purpose continues in the technology classes. Along the way I started a blogging class and got students involved in the Student Blogging Challenge. Student posts are now featured on Falcons Tech so we can extend our reach to other students and classes.

Our school is located in Byron, California which is between San Francisco and Sacramento.  We are in a rural area with some students living on ranches and others in a recreational community.  Just three school comprise our district, two elementaries and one middle school.

I’ve been teaching for 26 years and love changing grades and subjects every few years. Currently, my courses include TEAM (advisory), technology, blogging, Leadership and yearbook. In my free time I enjoy working out and participating in the Avon39 walks.

3 thoughts on “About Me

1. Hello Mrs. Colbert – and greetings from Montreal (Quebec, Canada),

Please thank your students for the lovely comments that they are leaving on the blogs of my students and let them know that my students will be visiting all of their blogs upon their return from their “Semaine Blanche” next week.
    My students are a mixture of English mother tongue and French mother tongue students in Grade 5 and are looking forward to meeting other students and to commenting on their blogs.
    Have a nice day,

Mrs. Theriault
    All Things Quebec
    https://allthingsquebec.wordpress.com

2. G’day Mrs Colbert,
    Thanks for having your students take part in the blogging challenge again. I tried flipping Jayson’s post to the flipboard magazine, but it was telling me that it doesn’t have permission to do this.

If you want any posts from student blogs added to the flipboard magazine, you will need to make sure your site visibility allows search engines. You will need to check this under the “My class” settings as well as your main blog settings> discussion I think or maybe reading.

3. Mrs. Trivedi-Ziemba

Mrs. Colbert,

What a wonderful idea to guide students in digital world.

Wish you all the best.

Mrs. Trivedi-Ziemba