Words of Wisdom April 11 to 15

Standard

Select a quote from one day this week, refer to the quote, and then add at least 3 well written sentences with your personal thoughts and examples of that quote.

Monday:  

“Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what we can.”  (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Tuesday:  

“Your only duty is to do the best you can.” (David Seabury)

Wednesday:  

“I do the very best I know how, the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.” (Abraham Lincoln)

Thursday:  

“My philosophy is that doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”  (Oprah Winfrey)

Friday:  

“Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best.”  (John Wooden)

50 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom April 11 to 15

1. logan westfall

“I do the very best I know how, the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.” I think this is something you need to do in life to have success. You can’t just throw in the towel half way through life and be successful. It is diffucult to not try your hadest and still be better than anyone else.

2. rjpr

“My philosophy is that doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” I agree with this quote. I agree with it because if you are doing the right or best thing that moment then your doin the best thing every moment. Also when you are doing the best think that moment it puts you in a good spot for your life.

3. kristinko

“Your only duty is to do the best you can.” This means that doing your best is your only duty. When you do your best you achieve more.

4. dariussc

“Your only duty is to do the best you can.” If you try your best that is all people will ever ask for. When you try your best it doesnt matter if you arent the best, at least you did your best.

5. kyletr

“My philosophy is that doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” I agree with this quote because if you do your best on whatever your doing you’ll have no doubts on what you just did. And doing your best will not put so much pressure on yourself.

6. tylertu

My philosophy is that doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” That is true for many differnt resons.One of the resons is say for example you are takeing a star test if you do good it well help you get a good job.Another one is tell the truth insted of a lie becaues pepole can trust you and not think you are lieing.

7. tierraca

“Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best.”When you do something,and at the end of it you tell yourself you tried your best,you probably did.For example,if you take a test,and you leave the classroom telling yourself that you think you did good,you would have a peace of mind.

8. jaredcao

“I do the very best I know how, the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.” This quote that Abraham Lincoln wrote means to me that to perserver unitl you reach your goal. This quote also means to me that you should not stop trying or say you can’t do it.

9. michaelfaems

Tuesday:

I almost never try my best, in every thing thing i do, if it sports or school i can do better then what i show. I don’t want to to stand out to much as the smartest or the most athletic. My parents always say I’m really smart and athletic but that i never show my true potental.

10. Tuesday:
    “Your only duty is to do the best you can.”
    1.everyone must do their best
    2.even though they don’t know it they can still try their best
    3.what ever duty they have they can accoplish it by doing their best

11. andrewmaems

Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what we can.”
    I think this quote is a good one because it talks about a chief or teacher can encourage us by telling us that we can do something by having faith and they tell you that you can do your best

12. bb1000063

“Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best.”
    I agree with this statment. An example of this would be when you take a hard test and you finish. You get a good feeling. I try to do my best at everything.

13. Gunnar

“I do the very best I know how, the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end”,is the one that I am responding to. If you do your absoulute best then things will turn out better for you in life. If you do your best every day the things will turn out even better.

14. keonipa

I think that if you try your best than you can achieve anything you can set your mind to. To me i think that anybody can do anything if you can succeed. I alwaysn wanted a 4.0 and i never gave up and last quarter i finally got it. It takes a lot of hard work to achieve your goals.

15. tm1002391

‘Your only duty is to do the best you can’. That is true. But while doing the best you can you have to stop and think about the people around you. So while doing your best stop think about your goals and about the people they might hurt.

16. an400395

Your only duty – My only job.
    Is to do – To do.
    Is the best – My best.
    You can – That I can
    My only duty is to do the best that I can – and I will.

17. dc206339

– You got to go all out all the time. When you dilly dally and screw around you will never finish anything.

18. dc206339

“My philosophy is that doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”
    – I think the same way. Well if you dont put 100% in one moment dont expect to be number 1 in the next moment. So always give 100%.

19. Jack Ray

“Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best.” When you know you have done the best you can it makes you feel good inside. It takes away all the butterflies from before and makes all the pressure go away. And you will probably do a good job.

20. oc1002884

Tuesday,
    I think it means that to try and do the best of your ability. And dont slack off , when you know you can do better. Also if you do the best that you can then after you will feel good that you did the best that you could of.

21. devyn bennett

Your only duty is to do the best you can. I like this one because it is a truthful. This is a very fun one. This is the way to get me through

22. aminatol

“Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best.” (John Wooden)

Its funny that they use those words of wisdom because Ive had to learn that the hard way this past year in eighth grade. Now I study for test

23. spenceror

“Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best.” I think that if you try your best it doesnt matter if you didnt win or lose as long as you did your best it is okay. Some times if you try your best you still might fail but that is just life.

24. shelbywa

“your only duty is to do the best you can.”
    I believe that this comment is telling you that doing your best, could be the only duty you need to achieve. When you try your best, you can achieve more than what you think you could.

25. cl1002777

What it means is that if you do the best you can then you did your duty.It also means that you should always do the best you can.

26. stevensh

“Your only duty is to do the best you can.” When I do my best that I think I can, it makes others around me pleased and I feel well accomplished. Doing one’s best gets things done and when you do your best, people see it and will want the same done for them and then you can earn things you desire. Doing your best is the right approach to every situation.

27. shanego

This means that if you do your best, then you have done your duty. If you put very little effort in then you wont feel as good and wont be rewarded. The reward isnt a prize, it’s knowing you did your best.

28. gm400104

Im comeiting on “Your only duty is to do the best you can.” (David Seabury)I think it says that you should do your best

29. alyssaol

“Your only duty is to do the best you can”
    I choose the words of wisdom for tuesday because it tells the truth. My paents dont expect me to be perfect but they always want me to do my best. Nobody is perfect in the world.

30. tylerbost

Your only duty is to do the best you can.” (David Seabury)
    You should always try your best no matter what.
    If you try your best you may succeed or you may not.
    But etheir way you tryed your best.
    that is all that matters.

31. daltonme

“Your only duty is to do the best you can.” I think that that is true because if you dont even try you wont succed. I think trying hard is this most important duty. I dont think chores are as important as doing your best because if you dont try you wont do your chores as well as your parent might want you to.

32. raymondbe

“Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best.” When you try your hardest, you win because you met your goal. Doing the best you can is winnig because you can’t do anything more. When you practice you get better.

33. robertlop

“Your only duty is to do the best you can.” That is true because your duty is to do the best you can and try hard. If you do your best you will succeed. If you don’t do your best you won’t succed. So try hard and someday you will succed if you do your best so try hard.

34. dillonwi

Monday:
    “Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what we can.”
    For most kids this statement is not true. Kids do not want someone telling them what to do. They may not realize it but they need someone telling them what to do. Without one the would have no direction.

35. Michael Plasch

36. brandonon

I agree on fridays comment, ” Sucess is a peace of mind that you did your best”. I think that you can suceed while not doing your best. Althoughdoing your best is good, it can be hard. I think you should do your best, but dont get too competitive with it.

37. andreabo

Your only duty is to do the best you can. That is a wise saying. Many people believe they have to be perfect. But, honestly just try your hardest.

38. kyletr

“Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best.” I agree with this quote because knowing that you did your best means you have done all you could. So this doesnt put pressure on you cause you know you tried your best.

39. rjpr

“Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best.” I agree with this quote. I agree because if you do your best you usually suceed. Also, if you do your best but dont suceed and you tried your hardest thats all you can do.

40. allyfu

“I do the very best I know how, the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end” i think that this is true.Its very convincing.Its cool.

41. ryanmuems

Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best.”
    Like in class and I am proud of what I did.
    I had a math test and I did well.
    I did well on my science test too.

42. nd400064

“I do the very best I know how, the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.” What this means is to try the best I can. This also means to try my hardest till the end. I also need to put this into my sports like to try hardest.

43. dc206339

– I always give a 100% in sports and sometimes schools. When you give a 100% the results will always be good. When you give a 100% that means you dont give up or dont stop.

44. megansa

Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best. I think that it dosnt matter if you win of lose. But when you try your hardest you will win! when you know that you have done your best it makes you feel good inside!

45. oc1002884

Friday,
    “Success is peace of mind in knowing you did you best.”
    I think it means that if you do your best you will feel like you have succeded. And when you achieve soemthing it makes you feel good and proud of yourself. And if you try your hardest and you loose it doesnt mater because to you , you feel like you won !.

46. taylerso

i think that if you do the best andnoy cheat that well make you a better personn than you already are. so that if you do cheat that wont make your next move but if you try all by yourself and you belive inyourself you will know what your move is

47. coltonpa

response to friday
    Even if you are trying to do your best, most of the time you never do. Thats why there are quotes out there like do 110% percent of your best. as long as your trying at all, its fine.

48. taylerso

What i think what John Wooden said was that think first and then write it down and knowing you did the best.And then if you want to say something think instead of just shouting it out.The second thing is that drawling us a peice of mind and you concentrat on it.

49. jaidos

I choose this quote to talk about because I think that it is very true. As long as you succeed, your mind can be at rest. Knowing you didn’t do what was expected can be very un-fulfilling, but succeeding can make you feel much better. I think the true reward is what you feel inside, not what was given to you.

50. caseyaf

Your only duty is to do the best you can.” I get that a lot because my dad was a marine and he tell me that before i wrestl with this guy or girl wrestl.my dad also says that when we are working on the back yard or front yard.the only reson that my dad says that is because me and my brother fight a lot.