Words of Wisdom March 4 to 8

Standard

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response.  You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement.  References to you own experiences are welcome.

Theme: Quotes selected by the 3rd period tech class

“It’s silly talking about how many years we will have to spend in the jungles of Vietnam when we could pave the whole country and put parking stripes on it and still be home by Christmas.”- Ronald Reagan

“America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.”-
Barack Obama

“The force is strong with this one.” -Yoda-

“If I die today, I WILL DIE FIGHTING!” -Justin Draper-

“You can’t handle the truth!” -Jack Nicholson

“I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”
– Thomas Jefferson

“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.”  – Yoda

Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.
Franklin P. Jones

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?– Vincent van Gogh

“A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.” Marilyn Monroe

“I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.” – Kobe Bryant

73 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom March 4 to 8

1. josh

Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.” – Yoda I believe in this quote because it is true because if you try and fail there is no point in saying that you tried but there is a point in saying that you fail. The same with if you succeed nobody wants to know if you tried or not but if you succeeded or not because right when you start whatever it is you are doing you have just started trying.

2. Marvin

“If I die today, I WILL DIE FIGHTING!” I think this quote means to never quit just keep trying. This quote also means to never lose hope and never think anything is impossible.

3. savannah ramirez <3

“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.” – Yoda I agree with this quote because it’s whether you do do something or you just dont do anything at all. You have atleast try at something. If your not going to try then what is the point of even thinking about doing it.
    “A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.” Marilyn Monroe I also agree with this because the last thing needed for a girl is someone to bring her down. It’s hard enouogh just being a girl. We dont need anymore drama in our lives.

4. Gianni is amazing

“You can’t handle the truth!” -Jack Nicholson. I chose this quote because some people actually can’t handle the truth. They either get sad, or mad, and it starts fights and everything. That is why I chose this great quote

5. savannah

“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.” – Yoda
    This quote I do not believe because personally I think there is a thing called, TRY!! When I was little my mom told me to try, try again. Also this quote some people may think this quote may be true but to me it is not true yet I think it’s true because in occasions you won’t get achance to try it you will this have to do it.

6. Alicia

“A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.” Marilyn Monroe I agree with this quote because if a person is just ignoring you and is making your life complicated then they are not worth your time. If that person makes you fell bad about yourself then they are not worth talking to.

7. Monica

I think this is true because I have lost many friends and I’ve realized that i don’t really need them. So if anyone doesn’t need me I dont need them.

8. Bailey

I think this is true because is someone doesn’t need or want you than you shouldn’t need them. They shouldn’t be important to you.

9. Mikayla

“If I die today, I WILL DIE FIGHTING!” -Justin Draper- I agree with this quote because you could be fighting for somthing special. I would want to die fighting for what I love.

10. Trevor

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?- Vincent van Gogh
    Everybody would be scaredand afraid of the world.
    I think this is true because if nobody had the courage to do anything there would be nothing in the world

11. Taylor

I love this quote because Marilyn Monroe is someone I look up to, & to me, this quote means that If someone leaves your life, It’s for a good reason. And someone better will come into It!

12. Samantha

– Thomas Jefferson. I agree with this quote because the harder you work, the better the results. If you do not work hard the results will be bad.

13. Taliah

I like this quote a lot, It means to be the best you can be.

14. Alexis

Franklin P. Jones

I chose both of these quotes because they both correspond to one aanother. When you are brave it is normal to be a little afraid inside. As long as you don’t let it take advantage of you every brave bone in your body will come together and keep you brave enough to do whatever you want to do.

If we had no courage in our lives we would be boring and most likely stay in the safest spot(in your own oppinion, the safest spot). We would do the things we are comfortable with and make it a daily routine.

That wouldn’t be very fun…would it?

15. Diary Of A DQ Kid

All about MIAMI HEAT.
    The thing he’s saying is that he’s just wants to be himself.

16. Donjhai

“I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.” – Kobe Bryant. I chose this quote because I believe you should never want to be anyone but yourself. You can go threw life and you may find people who are better than you at certain things, but that doesn’t mean you want to be them. You can’t be anyone but yourself.

17. samuel

“You can’t handle the truth!” -Jack Nicholson
    This is true because, sometimes the lies you were told earlier are better than the truth.

(luke didn’t need to know that that his daddy was Darth Vader).

18. justin

You cant handle the truth means that you did something but your just saying that you didnt do it. Its like me stealing something and getting caught on camera and im saying i didnt do it.

19. JaredTrox

“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.” This qoute means that no matter what you should not just try. It also means that you should always Do things.

20. Rachel

You never want to be like anyone else. Instead, you should be your own person and have originality.

21. evan

– Thomas Jefferson I picked this quote because when ever I work hard at something only good things come out of it. Like if you built a boat and it took three years then when you took it to go fishing you caught a huge fish.

22. Dylan

Franklin P. Jones
    I think this saying is true because if I was afraid I would act like I was not but am usally not. If you were in a fight you dont want to sound like the weaker one. That is why I think this saying is true.