Words of Wisdom April 11-15

Standard

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

“Your success and your happiness lie in you.” (Helen Keller)

“Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.”  (Sigmund Freud)

“You must believe in yourself or no one else will believe in you.”  (Gen. Douglas MacArthur)

64 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom April 11-15

1. aw3754

“Your success and your happiness lie in you.” (Helen Keller) I think this quote means if your not successful,that doesn’t mean you’ll never be successful.Everything you need to make you successful depends on you.With happiness its the same thing. If your not happy right now,doesn’t mean you’ll never be happy.It all depends on your actions.

2. TTBF

Your success and your happiness lie in you.” This quote means that you cant do nothing in the world unless you have faith and everything going into you.That’s why this quote makes sense.

3. Deven

I think that this wow means that even if you aren’t to good at a sport or a game you will get better after a little while. I also think that this means that inside of you, you are very happy even through bad times. That’s what I think the wow this week means.

4. Meghan

“You must believe in yourself or no one else will believe in you
    I like this quote because it tells you to believe in your self and if you don’t believe in your self nothing is possible. Believe in your self and anything is possible.

5. steven

“Your success and your happiness lie in you.” (Helen Keller) This is true. Because if you want to be happy you have to make it happen yourself. You can’t just rely on others to make you happy or help make you happy.

6. demoni

You decide everything in your life. You decide whether to be helpless or helpful.

7. Austin

“You must believe in yourself or no one else will believe in you.” (Gen. Douglas MacArthur)

I chose this statement because it is true. If you don’t believe in yourself how can someone believe in you.As an example, if you cant trust yourself capable of something other people might not think your capable either.

8. Cole

9. michael

“Your success and your happiness lie in you.” (Helen Keller) I think that this means that you do not rely on other things and people to make you happy but you do. you do not need a t.v or a x-box for happiness you choose to be happy not anything else.

10. kk3618

“Your success and your happiness lie in you.” (Helen Keller) You can control your happiness so make your self happy.If someone makes you sad make it nice.

11. gs3741

“You must believe in yourself or no one else will believe in you.” I think this is true because you can’t expect anyone to believe you if you don’t believe yourself. You must believe what you are saying for people to believe you.

12. ayden

I like this quote because it tells you to believe in your self and if you don’t believe in your self nothing is possible. And if you believe in yourself people will start believing in you

13. ayden

I like this quote because it tells you to believe in your self and if you don’t believe in your self nothing is possible. And if you believe in yourself people will start believing in you.

14. Mark

Its saying that if you dont belive in yourself you wont have a chance of winning but if do you have a better chance because you belive.