Words of Wisdom April 25-29

Standard

problems are only

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

“Become a possiblitarian.  No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they are always there.”  (Dr. Norman Vincent Peale)

“Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” (Henry J. Kaiser)

“Action is the antidote to despair.” (JoanBaez)

74 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom April 25-29

1. Ryan

I agree with this quote because it is true. Any problem is just an opportunity to overcome something learn something new.

2. gs3741

“Action is the antidote to despair.” (JoanBaez) I like this quote because it’s true that if you want to take action and get rid of despair, you will. Taking action is the only way to be rid of despair.

3. diego

“Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” (Henry J. Kaiser).This quote means that you can solve problems there for problems are opportunities in work clothes.This quote is true to temporary problems but usually not true for on going problems.

4. Zach

“Action is the antidote to despair.” (JoanBaez)This quote is inspiring since it is so true. Doing things with others often gets rid of the sadness you may have.

5. brady

“Action is the antidote to despair.” (JoanBaez)I think this means that if you don’t think about something that is making you sad you won’t be sad anymore.Also, if you do something and forget about it that will help you.That is what i think of this quote.

6. DAVID

I like to think about this every time I have a problem. I think “you know how great it would be if i solved this?” So then I solve it and it all works out.

7. michael

I think that this means that this means that if you want an opportunity then you will have to work for it. Its not a opportunity or something good if you get it for free.

8. trevor

I agree with this quote because it can apply to real life. Any problem is just an opportunity to learn a new thing.

9. kk3618

Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” (Henry J. Kaiser) Problems can be made into something big. So take the problem you have and make it good.

10. Noble

This means that you anything can be an opportunity for something great. You shouldn’t look at problems as a burden, but a chance for you to do something amazing.

11. Brandon

“Become a possiblitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they are always there.” (Dr. Norman Vincent Peale)This shows me to always look for opportunities because if I do I will find one because they are always there. This is really helpful because it can help me to get a job or something like that.

12. Nicole

“Become a possiblitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they are always there.” (Dr. Norman Vincent Peale) This means that you should always see the good in anything and everything that you do. If something bad happens one day, think of the bright side. Even if there might not seem like there is one, there probably is a good thing that can possibly come out of it, so always look for the good.

13. rl0075

“Become a possiblitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they are always there.” (Dr. Norman Vincent Peale) Possibilities are rare and you should always take then when you see them. Don’t let
    possibilities pass you or you might not see any more. If you use every possibility you will be successful.

14. Alyssa

I agree with this quote because I think it is true. Every problem is a opportunity to overcome something and to be a better you or a stronger you. When you overcome your problems, you have faced your problems and learn something new.

15. Alissa

“Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” (Henry J. Kaiser) What I think this quote means is that when you cause a problem, you have the opportunity to fix and work out the problem. I agree with this saying because I believe that everyone has the opportunity to fix what they have done wrong since nobody is perfect and everybody makes mistakes.

16. ms2149

“Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” (Henry J. Kaiser). I think this quote could mean a lot of things. But I think the main idea of it is that you should always work hard and look at the positive in the negative.

17. Kasey

“Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” (Henry J. Kaiser) I like this quote because I can relate to this personally. And I like the way it is very well written.

18. km2368

19. Eddie

“Become a possiblitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they are always there.” (Dr. Norman Vincent Peale)

I choose this quote because I think it is saying that how dark things are there is always a bright future ahead. Also that you should raise your head and find new possibilities.

20. DAVID

I like to think about this every time I have a problem. I think “you know how great it would be if I solved this?” So then I solve it and it all works out.

21. Travis

“Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” (Henry J. Kaiser
    I agree with this statement because some problems make you mentally or physically stronger. I also agree with this because it might also help us avoid problems or to take precautions for problems.

22. Meghan

Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” (Henry J. Kaiser)I agree with this a problem i just a thing to overcome. In a way problems make you better they help you see your mistakes.

23. Jordan

Become a possiblitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they are always there.” (Dr. Norman Vincent Peale) I think this quote is important because in a bad time in your life when you do not think that you can achieve a goal if you raise your spirits and try even harder you can always achieve your goal. I also think this quote is important because if your in a argument just raise your spirits and find a way to get out of it.

24. Joshua

This quote refers to the fact the you can’t just fix a problem by sitting around moping in your sorrow. You must do something about it, or in other words take action. If you don’t do this then you’ll never be released from your despair.