Words of Wisdom October 26-30

Standard

help each other

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

“Put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)

“The mere resolve not to be useless and the honest desire to help other people will, in the quickest ways, improve yourself.”  (John Ruskin)

“In Africa, people learn to serve each other.  They live on credit balances of little favors that they give and may, one day, ask to have returned.”  (Beryl Markham)

72 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom October 26-30

1. Emma

“In Africa, people learn to serve each other. They live on credit balances of little favors that they give and may, one day, ask to have returned.” (Beryl Markham)
    This quote is trying to tell us that not everyone is as lucky as us in America. The people in Africa live on the trust that they give people to return the favor.

2. Guadalupe

Happiness is something that everyone needs and is a very beautiful thing. Happiness is also something that you can be given and when you are give it you feel very good about what they say and the chain continues.

3. Michaela

“Put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” (Eleanor Roosevelt). I think this quote means that happiness is a way of life. If your not happy then your just going to have a sad and useless life. Always be happy and try to make others be as happy as you are!!!

4. Skylar

“Put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” (Eleanor Roosevelt) I think this quote means to think about what you can say to make someone happy. Happiness is one of best gifts you can give someone.

5. Matthew

I think This quote is very inspirational. If One does a great thing for you, then you should do something great for them, it’s just simple Equality.

6. evan

I think that this quote basically means that when you are happy it can make your own friends happy too. I also think that when you are kind and happy you can give that too other people that might not be feeling so food.

7. Aeryn

“The mere resolve not to be useless and the honest desire to help other people will, in the quickest ways, improve yourself.” stated by John Ruskin means that even though you just feel like you are nothing,your courage and kindness can help you through life’s most difficult challenges.To everyone out there,have courage and be kind.

8. Alex

“The mere resolve not to be useless and the honest desire to help other people will, in the quickest ways, improve yourself.” (John Ruskin)
    What I think this quote means is that when you step into a situation in time of need it will improve yourself. It will then show other people your personality and you will eventually rub off on them for them to help someone in need and to improve their personality.

9. gabriel

“The mere resolve not to be useless and the honest desire to help other people will, in the quickest ways, improve yourself.” (John Ruskin) Help people and help people out.For example, this morning some people dropped their stuff and I helped them pick it up.

10. Arianna

I think this quote is trying to tell us that if we put a lot of thought and meaning into something that you love and care for you well get the same feeling from it back. It you show gratitude and kindness to someone they should be nice and kind to you in return. So in conclusion this quote says that if you do something good something good will happen to you in return.

11. Miranda

Maybe one day you will find that someone is feeling down, and you want to help. You can cheer them up many different ways, but the best is by doing what you specialize in about spreading happiness. Because of that, think about what you do best, and use your skill to spread happiness, because happiness is a disease.

12. kiana

I believe that this quote means that if you give happiness to someone then it will make someones day and happiness is the best gift that anyone can have. Also, if you give happiness then you then get happiness back and that’s that best gift ever.

13. clayton

To me this means give an amount of thought into the happiness to be given, no matter the if they become nice or angry towards you then end up wondering what you did to get them, but you may have the same problem (no matter what you do, basically adds fuel to the fire.) This sadly happens with my parents and I all the time for example, last night.

14. Deven

I think that this WOW means that the people in Africa repay each other by working for the other person or serving the other person. I also think that this means that people in Africa don’t really care about money and when they help you or you if you help them they might ask or you might ask some day for it to be re-payed.

15. TANNER

I think this quote is trying to say is that people in Africa learn to serve and maybe want something in return one day. So just don’t think about you, think about others also.

16. joshua

I agree with the prompt because if you are going to give someone a good day because if you just say that the persons hair looks good they’ll think about that for about 10 minutes or so. But if you give them something like for instance a talon ticket they will think your nice and maybe use another day or for lunch.

17. tearryck

18. Eddie

I choose this quote because I think it is saying that give a amount of thought into something if your going to do something joyful or positive to others. Also that if you do something good to somebody that eventually you will get something good back in return.

19. dh2172

“In Africa, people learn to serve each other. They live on credit balances of little favors that they give and may, one day, ask to have returned.” (Beryl Markham) I think this quote means that we should be thankful for what we have. Besides when we look at Africa if they had are life they would be in heaven.

20. JJ

This quote is trying to say don’t take anything for granite.
    Also don’t just think about you think about others.

21. Mickie

The quote is trying to say don’t take anything for granted.
    Trust people and return the favor.