Words of Wisdom August 24-28

Standard

america diversitySelect one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

• “Numberless are the world’s numbers, but none more wonderful

than human beings.” (Sophocles)

• “Every human being is intended to have a character of his own, to

be what no other is, and to do what no other can do” (William Channing)”

• “America is strong because of its diversity. Our history tells us this

is true. ‘E Pluribus Unum’ was a good motto in the early days of our country and it is a

good motto today. From the many, one. It’s what makes us Americans.” (Barbara

Jordan)

78 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom August 24-28

1. Zach

“Numberless are the world’s numbers, but none more wonderful
    than human beings.” (Sophocles)
    Numbers Themselves are amazing, but nothing like humans. Human beings aren’t numbers, we are all unique and can do something different.

2. trevor

Every human being is intended to have a character of his own, to
    be what no other is, and to do what no other can do” (William Channing)” This quote means that every human being is unique in their own way. Everyone is different for a reason, if we were all the same it would be lame.

3. Meghan

“Every human being is intended to have a character of his own, to
    be what no other is, and to do what no other can do” (William Channing)” I think that it means that we have to follow are dream and not follow what every one else does. We are all diffrent and we should do what we want.

4. kk3618

be what no other is, and to do what no other can do” (William Channing)” People can do and be what they want.It is a free world so be who you want.

5. *-{Emma}-*

“Every human being is intended to have a character of his own, to be what no other is, and to do what no other can do” (William Channing)” This quote is telling us us that every one is different in their own special way. No one should try to be like others everyone should embrace their differences instead of ignore them.

6. brynna

than human beings.” (Sophocles). I choose this one because numbers are not the only important thing in life. This was was why I choose this one.

7. DAVID

Yes, a very true quote. We all have our own characteristics. We should all be ourselves to make the world a better place.

8. Deven

I believe that this WOW means that we all have a character that we know we are and we should stay like that if we know that’s what we are. I also think that this means that we have our own strengths and abilities that are one of a kind. This is what I think the WOW this weak is.

9. Emma

“Every human being is intended to have a character of his own, to be what no other is, and to do what no other can do” (William Channing)”
    This quote is trying to tell us that you are meant to be yourself or different. No one is supposed to be alike. You can act like someone but it still isn’t you.

10. Guadalupe

This quote means that no one else is able to be you but you. You have a great character inside of you and it is meant to be used. If people don’t like who you are, don’t worry because it is okay if you are different than other people because you were made to be different and no one else can tell you that you are wrong by what your personality is.

11. Michaela

I think this quote means that you have your own style, character, and talents that are unique to you. These unique talents should never be changed by anyone, you are your own person. Be yourself and don’t let anyone change that. “You are the best you, you can be!”

12. Arianna

I think this quote is trying to tell us to be ourselves and do what we want to do in life. Dont be copy of someone else be your own true self and show your true colors. Be creative, Funny, Helpful, Be whoever you want to be in life and don’t let anyone change you.

13. Aeryn

be what no other is, and to do what no other can do” (William Channing)”. What this person is trying to say is that nobody’s perfect and can inspire people in ways that others cannot. This is what I think as well.

14. gabriel

Numberless are the world’s numbers, but none more wonderful
    than human beings.” I agree that people world can be nice ,

15. Grant

This quote made me really open my eyes and see how our community is totally going against everything that this quote is saying. I say this only because everyone is trying to fit into name whether it be the cool kids, or the nerds, the gamer’s, or an outcast. We all have so many social names and I hope that some day everyone can come to understand that everyone is special in their own ways.

16. Matthew

I believe this quote states the fact that all humans are unique. This very quote, can even be thought to say that as a individual, anyone can do what others can’t.

17. Skylar

This quote means that very one is unique and special in their own way. We are different in our own ways and you should just be yourself.

18. Miranda

I love this quote because it is wholeheartedly true. Everyone has something special to bring to life, and everyone has their own character. Keep in mind that there are so many different people out there, and even if they are not good at something, they can be better at something else. Because everyone deserves a chance to shine and be their own character.

19. Alex

be what no other is, and to do what no other can do” (William Channing)

What this quote means to me is that we are all different and there is no one exactly like us. Also that we all have our special talents, like some of us are good at math while some of us are good at sports. There are about 7 to 8 billion people in the world who are all different in their own special ways.

20. kiana

I believe that this quote means that we all have different personalities and characteristics. Our different personalities is what makes our world such a great place to live on. And this quote is also telling us that we should never be someone and always be yourself. We all have our own strengths, that’s why the world is so amazing.

21. Mackenzie

be what no other is, and to do what no other can do” (William Channing)”. This is saying when you are who you are people will make fun of you because the they cant be who they are they have to think they have to act cool they have to be what people say. Don’t if you are being true to your self and to your friends. The people who are picking on you will stop just stand up for you self this something you need to do this way people will stop.

22. clayton

I agree about this quote because I believe that everyone has a chance to do what their plan in life is. Even though there is at time things that happen for a reason, for example: a factory is destroyed and people have no other jobs.

23. evan

This quote basically means be yourself and know one else can have your character except for their own.Some people are different than others and that’s what makes their own character.You can do what others cant do if you BELIEVE!

24. joshua

be what no other is, and to do what no other can do” (William Channing)” What William Channing is saying is that be yourself, and also have respect for yourself!if you are getting bullied by someone, don’t pay attention to that person,just be yourself because everyone else is taken!Don’t care what they say,just be YOU!

25. ks2142

I believe this means every human has their own personality and they should not try to be someone else. I also think this means be yourself that’s who you were made to be.

26. Hannah

This quote is very much true. In my mind it gives example, when there’s a popular person that someone follows around, you’re trying to be like them when that’s impossible. That’s what this quote is telling me.

27. diego

This quote is referring to you being yourself and not following others and trying to be like them. Everyone is an individual and has something great to offer in this world. You do not have to follow anyone even if they are the most popular in school or the best athlete in school. You too are great maybe in a different way ad I think everyone is special in one way or another.

28. Austin

be what no other is, and to do what no other can do” (William Channing)” I agree with this term because if I’m out bmx riding my friend are clearing some jumps that i can’t. Even though that happens I can still clear some jumps they can’t.