Words of Wisdom May 2-6

Standard

virtue

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau)

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)”

“Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.”  (Lao Tzu)

80 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom May 2-6

1. Adrianna

“Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu).

Always strive to be your best and never give up. If you consistently try and accomplish this it will become real.

2. Kyle

“Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu)

Pretend you have traits that you don’t, and you will obtain those traits. By acting like you are brave and honest, you become brave and honest through those fake acts.

3. Anushka

“Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu) I agreee. If you are new and shy, try something new that you never done before. Introduce yourself, and more. Fit in and laugh and smile each day. Always try something new.

4. Khalif

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)” It is saying the best thing you can have is is Character or personalty. So if this is highly prized I must be pretty rich.

5. Miranda

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay) This quote shows that even though you might have lots of stuff, it isn’t as important than having character. So be true to yourself and to other people because that is what is most important.

6. Brandon

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau). I like this quote because me and my friends think the same way about each other. If my friend wasn’t doing something I’m used to and he is doing a bad thing I would say something like that.

7. Chase

“Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu) I picked this quote because this quote has a lot of meaning in it. I agree with this quote because if you don’t dream about what you want to do, or you don’t try you wont make it. But what this quote is saying is to dream and to try…and then you’ll make it.

8. KYLE

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)” This quote means that no matter how much stuff you have you can always have better character. So be who you are don’t let anyone change that.

9. Dylan

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    “Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)”. This quote shows how a person and its characteristics are more important than anything else in the world. You can also never replace that person or its characteristics for any reason.

10. Kaylee

A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.(Henry David Thoreau) means that if you are being rude or not like you usually act your friend will tell you. They will also call you out if you do something bad or not like yourself.

11. ainsley

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)” I chose this quote because like the last quote I chose, it reflects how I choose to live my life. Every time I speak, sing, or perform in front of an audience, It may seem like I am confident and have no fear. But believe me, I am shaking like a chihuahua! I always feel like the audience is judging me, and I want to make them like me. But I remember that the best I can do is be myself, and if they don’t like me for who I am, then they are not worthy of me.

12. Kathryn

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)I think this quote is an amazing quote because people that are very nice and good to people usually don’t get as much credit and compliments as other people that aren’t as nice. Other people also try to take the quality away from those kinds of people and change but most cant because its a great quality that they have.

13. ca0105

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    “A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau) What he is trying to say is that your friends will call you out if you are looking different or acting different because they want you to go back to your old self. For one of my friends birthday parties I had pigtail braids and they said that I look different but they still said that I looked good.

14. giselle

Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu) This means I will fake it till I make it. I will sometimes do something and I will try and try and try until I make it. I will do something and I will fake something then I will do it again but that time I wont have to fake it.

15. Marianna

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau) I agree with this statement because your friends expect the best of you. I believe that friends should believe that there friends are smarter, and more beautiful than they think they are.

16. Jordan

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)” I think this is the best quote because being honest and trust worthy to yourself and others is something you will use your whole life. If you follow this quote your friends and family will all have trust in you through your whole life.

17. Cali

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” I agree with this because every friend should act kind and respect each other. Every friend should respect each other.

18. Bryan

We have all heard the Golden rule “treat other how you want to be treated” This one”s like those only you implant your own life.Your life right now is dependent on your choices in the past.Maybe don’t cultivate Virtue you won’t really have something to show.

19. jenna

I think that this means that a friend is a person who is always there for you. They will be your friend no matter what happens.

20. Cody

21. km2368

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.”(Henry David Thoreau) means that if you are being rude or not like you usually act your friend will tell you. They will also call you out if you do something bad or not like yourself.

22. tearryck

23. Bradley

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)
    Anything you have anything you get you should be happy about it. Anything you get you should make it the most valuable thing to you because it should always mean something to you.

24. Keanna

This means character is important to honorable people. Character is a something that show be important to everyone.

25. ayden

Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu) I picked this quote because this quote has a lot of meaning. I agree with this quote because if you don’t dream about what you want to do, or you don’t try you wont make it. But what this quote is saying is to dream and to try and then you’ll make it. So, if you do not dream of what you want to do with your life then it will probably not happen.

26. Tyler

I agree with this quote because nothing is better than your personality. Out of all the things in the world, you’re the most valuable.

27. mb0149

I chose this quote because it says that a friend is always going to be nice to you and give you compliments. It also says that you need a close friend to be complimented on.

28. Mark

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau)… Its saying that if a friend gets you a compliment you’ll get a virtues. I have never been related to something like this though.

29. Richard

30. Trishaal

“Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu) I think that this quote means to do something. So you will have to complete what you started.

31. Kennedy

Always try to be the best person that you can be. Always set high goals for yourself.

32. Leo

I think this is the best quote because being honest and trust worthy to yourself and others is something you will use your whole life. If you follow this quote your friends and family will all have trust in you through your whole life…

Sorry wrong quote last time.

33. michael

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau) I believe that this statement means you should surround yourself with good friends. This also means you should be honest and truthful to others.

34. Jarrett

I agree with this quote because character defines who you are. If you create an honest and trustworthy character then everyone will trust you and character helps in many places that other things can not.

35. Austin

36. Caleb

I agree with this statement because your friends should expect the best of you. I believe that friends should believe that their friends are smarter, better than they think they are.

37. demoni

38. Spencer

“Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu) To me this quote means to do that you can do with your ablities. So you will have to complete what you started.

39. Arcel

Make sure you make decisions that you want your past self to be proud of. Everything you do has an impact on your life.

40. Cole

41. Jayson

I think this means that you have to be virtue and nice. People will remember you of good things about you.

42. Max

I agree this because your friends should expect you to do good and do the best you can. I agree with this because I expect the best of my friends and I don’t expect them to do bad things.

43. steven

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau) This is true. Because virtue means to have high moral standards. So if you have high standards set for yourself you can achieve them and become successful

44. brynna

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau). It is like a friend in need is a friend indeed. Everyone has that one friend that is very special.

45. Brylie

“Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu)I agree with this quote because it is telling us that our friends should expect the best from us. A friend will help you feel your best.

46. gs3741

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)” I like this quote because it’s true. No matter how many awards you get, you give yourself a reward by being a good person.

47. brady

“Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu)I think this means that if you bring something into your life such as setting moral standards, then you will be a stronger person.Also, it will help you improve.

48. trevor

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)” It is saying the best thing you can have is your personality. If your character is rich, so are you.

49. diego

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)”.This quote means that you should value things which belonged to honorable people like family or close friends.Also it’s saying that you should value high prized as that of character.

50. Mealyiah

Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu) I agree with this. I agree with this because if you have faith in yourself something good will come your way. Try something new and get out of your comfort zone.