Words of Wisdom May 4 – 8

Standard

virtue

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau)

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)”

Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.”  (Lao Tzu)

83 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom May 4 – 8

1. nathan

Character is something everyone needs. This says anyone can have character you don’t need to be famous to have character.

2. Jacob

Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu)
    If you live by the virtues of life then you will be a successful person.You should always have some type of moral and you should always follow it.

3. Frankie

I think that this is saying that, a friend that trust you is a true friend. And if they trust you it will be easier for you to true them.

4. Marina

I believe this quote is true because it can be in relation to belief. If you believe in yourself, others will have belief in you. Such as if you have confidence in yourself, confidence will be true.

5. Isaiah

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau
    I chose this comment because I have a lot of friends where I can always count on because I feel like I have known them ever since 1st grade. I also like this comment because It tells you to choose your friends carefully so that you don’t have people don’t won’t get you in trouble.

6. Nathaniel

Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu)Never try to be something your not

7. Tramaine

Character and being your self is what people said focus on. Be yourself not others.

8. Logan

Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu) I think that this is very true. We all have something special about each of us.

9. natalie

10. omar

Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)” I like this quote because true friends can always be trusted all the time.

11. khaliah

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)”I think that’s true because Horrible people don’t always get their way.I also think that when your nice
    to people you will more likely get your way.

12. Olivia

I agree. A friend is someone who will appreciate the way you treat them, with high respect. For me, its nice to have those friends who treat you great, because you treat them great too. Its like you get what you give. IF you give nicely, its sure to repay you soon.

13. Jared

I take this statements message as you need to make your own moral virtues so you can live a good righteous life. I agree with this statement and the message it has about moral virtues.

14. Jayce

In my opinion this quote is directly related to fishing. It is saying it doesn’t matter how much fishing stuff you have, its about how good you are.

15. Aaron

Friends do not make fun of you and they should give compliments. I agree with this statement.

16. Austin

Cultivate virtue in yourself, and Virtue will be real.” (Lao Tzu) This says that if you value virtue in yourself, that people with see that. Then, others will value with it.

17. Brad

This quote to me is semi correct but has it’s flaws. I do believe you need character but you need more than that to be honorable.

18. Hayden

What this means is what some people think of themselves but what we do as people will change. So what this means we all have our own virtue.

19. cassidy

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)
    i believe this is true because everybody has their own personality and that is what makes them honorable to everybody else. So with out our own character nobody would recognize the things each and everyone of us do.

20. “Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)”

Though it can be overlooked at times, character in a person is of a high value. Many people prize other things over personality, but this quote reminds people otherwise.

21. Erik

This is a good quote because honorable people deserve more. Even though people that aren’t as deserving get things just because they impress people.

22. Jonathan

I agree with this quote for many reasons. One reason is because character is important to have. If you dont have character, you wont be able to live your life to the fullest.

23. stephanie

This quote means that if you put virtue in your lifestyle then it will became forever part of you. So if you develop behavior showing high moral standards you will become something new.

24. Sammy

This quote is speaks about our world correctly. Although we may be known for other things, our character is what we will be remembered for.

25. cameron

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau) This is true because the one who gives compliments is more loved. I think you should treat others how you want to be treated.

26. Hannah

A true friend will always be by your side. Also a true friend, will lift you up.

27. Robert

“Of all the things which belong to honorable people, not one is so highly prized as that of character” (Henry Clay)” I agree with this statement because this can be valuable to very many other people. This saying would be not very nice to people who are not very valuable.

28. david

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau) I agree with this statement because all true friends act this way. When your around friends you should be happy.

29. angelina

I chose this quote because its true, a friend is who pays us the compliment by knowing we should try our best and if that person excepts your poor work and doesn’t push you towards the right path their not your true friend. A true friend is someone who excepts your poor work but pushes you towards the right path to get you back on track.

30. Bryan

I think this is false,A friend knows what to say to you if they accept you as a friend. If your friend teases or calls you something you don’t like it’s, because they are your friends and have connected minds as them.

31. Savannah

“A friend is one who always pays us the compliment of expecting from us all the virtues.” (Henry David Thoreau) I agree with this quote because you should be in a happy environment around your friends. I also think that friends should always pay attention to you.

32. dalton

I like this quote because it is saying friends are ones who expect your best quality . Another reason I like this quote is because friends aren’t ones to judge friends are people who like you for you .

33. Riann

What this is saying is that a good friend will give you a compliment of expecting even if you mess up really bad they will not get mad at you even though you messed up because everyone makes mistakes. They will not be mad at you if you did something that they told you not to if you are a real friend but if you are a real friend you would not say that even if your life depended that you say what they told you not to say.