Words of Wisdom August 31 – September 4

Standard

non violence

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

“The life of a nation is secure only while the nation is honest,

truthful, and virtuous.” (Frederick Douglass)

“The cruelty of violence leads nowhere. No good is obtained by

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II)

“Everyone should practice true humanity toward his fellow men; on

that depends the future of mankind” (Albert Schweitzer)

80 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom August 31 – September 4

1. Xiomara

that depends the future of mankind” (Albert Schweitzer) I agree with this because we have to be good people and not go to violence. What we do effects the world so we want it to be a positive affect not a negative one.

2. Aileen

“Everyone should practice true humanity toward his fellow men; on that depends the future of mankind” (Albert Schweitzer
    This quote means to me that everyone needs to practice being kind because we all depend on each other. This quote reminds me of what Cinderella’s mom said to her “Choose love and kindness over hate.”

3. Roman

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II). I believe that this means doing something violent leads no where. It will just lead to more violence.

4. Josh

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II) This quote means to me that if you do violence, you are doing no good at all. It dose nothing good it just makes the world a worse place.

5. Bryson

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II) This means that your only hurting yourself when your hurting others. Treat people how you want to be treated.

6. Taylor

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II) I like this quote because it is explaining that violence doesn’t solve anything and we need to communicate with others instead. You just need to find the right time and place to talk with the person you are fighting with.

7. Olivia

You can’t predict your future. You have to practice the things you need for a good rest of your life.

8. Dante

I agree with this quote. I agree with it because if we fight each-other then we will not gain anything but death, also if we keep doing so then there will be no peace, just worse battles, wars, fights, skirmishes, until there is nothing else to fight and mankind will become extinct.

9. keaton

truthful, and virtuous.” (Frederick Douglass) I think this comet is correct because its good to be truthful. People lie, but its better to be honest.

10. Andrew

I agree with this because this means violence doesn’t solve anything. And to try to find a way to solve it without violence.

11. Montez

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II) I think that this quote means that you don’t need violence. You can settle arguments with talking.

12. lauren

The life of a nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.
    Be honest and truthful,and all good things shall come.
    If you are calm, truthful, honest, and virtuous, your nation will be too.

13. Ava

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II) I agree with quote because violence is never the answer. Talking to them instead of being violent is okay.

14. Pierce

“The cruelty of violence leads nowhere. No good is obtained by contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II)
    I agree with this quote because if you contribute violence you are just making the world worse. I also like how it says it does not contribute good by being me and it is true because if you say some thing mean no one will like you.

15. Cody

I picked this statement because it is showing honesty. I think that honesty is one of the most important things when it comes to making friends, relationships, the nation.

16. Caleb

I chose this one because any time someone wants to fight you or someone else to see who’s stronger or who can fight better, is never helping those people in life. Us people need to learn to take our life for granite and do things that we’ve always wanted to do our whole life, not fight someone to see who’s stronger.

17. ks2142

truthful, and virtuous.” (Frederick Douglass).
    I believe this means our nation is secure when we are kind and respectful. WE are safe when everyone is honest, truthful, and respectful.

18. michael

The life of a nation is secure only while the nation is honest,

truthful, and virtuous.” (Frederick Douglass) People should care for others instead of being violent. Instead of fighting I would like to see a lot of people making peace.

19. Arcel

“Everyone should practice true humanity toward his fellow men; on that depends the future of mankind” (Albert Schweitzer) Instead of people always fighting with each other we should practice being kind to each other. If people are kind and don’t fight then there wouldn’t be hate in the world.

20. mb0149

I chose this quote because it’s telling us that we need to be truthful to each other. It also says if we are truthful the nation will be more secure then it is right now.

21. Jarrett

I agree with this quote because you need to treat people how you want them to treat you. If humanity becomes cruel then the world will fall apart because no one will care and in the end the world will die how ever if everyone continues to work together then the world will be at peace and humanity will live on.

22. jordan

The cruelty of violence leads nowhere. No good is obtained by

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Pa

I think if your a bad person then it will lead to bad things happening and you can get in trouble and go to jail.

And if you do bad things people wont want to be yor friend and you will be lonley.

23. mikayla

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II) Violence won’t do you any good. Nothing good comes from violence so you should try to do something good over something bad.

24. Caleb

“Everyone should practice true humanity toward his fellow men; on that depends the future of mankind” (Albert Schweitzer)

I agree with this completely. I do because it makes sense to me and if you don’t show humanity toward one another or you will have a world of total chaos.

25. jenna

truthful, and virtuous.” (Frederick Douglass). I think that this means that the world would be a better place if everyone was honest, truthful, and happy. If people are miserable and aren’t enjoying life then the world is not a very good place to be in and then nobody will enjoy life. This is a really good quote. You should always live by this quote.

26. Trishaal

“The cruelty of violence leads nowhere. No good is obtained by contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II) Violence leads you know where except trouble while kindness leads you to a better life. That is why people should be kind, not violent.

27. km2368

I think this statement is true because you will only be set back if you have violence in your life. The only way to move forward is trust and non violence.

28. demoni

that depends the future of mankind” (Albert Schweitzer) I agree with this because we have to be good people and not go to violence. What we do effects the world so we want it to be a positive affect not a negative one

29. Bradley

People should never get in a fight because they are mad over something. You should always talk it out because that way you don’t get hurt and in the end it is never good.

30. Tyler

I agree with this quote because violence is a bad thing. You get nothing good out of harming people.

31. ayden

I think this is true if you dont know what this means it means that violence leads to nowhere. If you hurt someone all your doing is making one less friend.

32. Isaiah

I think this is important to be honest to your people if your in the government of a country.
    Also, honesty is always good both ways.

33. Richard

This quote is saying that depending how new life is raised today shall affect the future in a big way. This tells us we should be cautious of how are current generation be raised and treat them so they know the dangers of the real world.

34. Eddie

I choose this quote because if everyone was honest and truthful the world would be a better place. Also the world would be more safe then it already is and we would all be peaceful to each other.

35. trevor

that depends the future of mankind” (Albert Schweitzer) This quote explains that humans are not at all the kindest to each other. We need to be more friendly and stop hating each other.

36. Cole

that depends the future of mankind” (Albert Schweitzer) What this quote is saying that is you are acting disrespectful or irresponsible our future will be failure and violent. But if we manage to lower the violence we go far and have a good future.

37. Jayson

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II) I think this means that be nice to people. If you want to be treated well just do something nice not bad.

38. Max

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.” (Pope John Paul II) This means violence leads nowhere and it does nothing for you. This also means talk to people in a nice way not just by being mean to people.

39. Wyatt

I think this quote is true for a few reasons. In life there is so much violence there isn’t needed and we don’t need to make more.

40. Brylie

I think this quote is trying to tell us that violence does us no good. All your doing is making a fool of your self if you contribute to violence.

41. Ryan

This quote means that you shouldn’t be mean and cruel to others. That does nothing good for you and only hurt towards others.

42. steven

that depends the future of mankind” (Albert Schweitzer) This is true. Because if we are mean and hurt each other no none will survive. Because bullying Leeds to death and if no one is alive there is no way to live.

43. brady

truthful, and virtuous.” (Frederick Douglass)This quote means that what happened in the past should be in the past and that “revenge” is not smart because it just starts things.Also, it means just ignore people who are mean to you.

44. *-{Emma}-*

“Everyone should practice true humanity toward his fellow men; on that depends the future of mankind” (Albert Schweitze. This quote is saying that you shouldn’t judge someone or bully someone because everyone is equal. Everyone should treat everyone equally instead of judging them.

45. Meghan

truthful, and virtuous.” (Frederick Douglass) In my opinion this is truth full. I think this is truth full because its necessary for the nation to be truth full other wise the nation cant be secure.

46. Zach

I Think this quote is true because violence is not good. Violence only hurts people and gets people nowhere.

47. michael

Think this means that if you hurt somebody it is not going to solve anything. I think that if you hurt somebody it just going to make the situation worse. If you want to solve something be nice then you can be friends.

48. Deven

I believe that this wow means that violence leads to nothing. I also think that this means that to not have violence and to not be cruel is the better way to go. This is what I think the WOW means this weak.

49. Hannah

contributing to its growth. Seek the roads of dialogue and not those of violence.”

In this comment it’s saying to me, not to contribute to violence. It leads no where, and it has no point to it.

50. Aidan

truthful, and virtuous.” (Frederick Douglass) I agree to this. If you lie to somebody, they lose trust in you. And when somebody doesn’t trust you, this creates conflict. So in my opinion, honesty is the best policy.