Words of Wisdom January 5 to 8

Standard

help othersTheme- Kindness: Helping Others / Helping Ourselves

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

“Charity is never lost . . . it ever does a work of beauty and grace upon the heart of the giver.” (Thomas Middleton) 

“The person who gives is a person who has”.  (Lithuanian Proverb) 

I expect to pass through life but once.  If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn)  

66 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom January 5 to 8

1. Sean

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proveb)I like this quote because it says that if I give that little bit of time to someone else I may have lost it but it went along way showing people that they should have faith in humanity. Another way is it shows that just because you gave a little bit of time it wont hurt you or the other person.

2. Aidan

“I expect to pass through life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn)

I like this quote because its saying do something nice because you don’t have a do over so do something nice. If you do something nice for someone they will probably do something nice for you to. Being nice to someone can also make you feel good.

3. Kayla

I think this quote is true because, you will not get a second chance to do the right thing. I also think this quote is true because, you only have one chance to do something nice.

4. ava

The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb)
    This is a very good quote it means you should always help someone in need. By helping someone you will or will not get reward and it is not for the reward, it is about helping someone in need.

5. Jacob

“The person who gives is a person who has” (Lithuanian Proverb). I agree with this comment because its saying when you give someone a nice comment you get the satisfaction that you did something nice. It can also go another way like if you insult someone you get guilt.

6. Abby

“Charity is never lost . . . it ever does a work of beauty and grace upon the heart of the giver.” (Thomas Middleton) I agree with this person because when you give charity to someone, that charity is never lost. What this person means by, “it ever does a work of beauty and grace upon the heart of the giver” that when you give charity to someone it makes them feel good that someone thought and cared about them. i hope that someday you will give charity to someone and make them fell good.

7. cc3220

“I expect to pass through life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn). I agree with this, because I do believe that you only live once so you should make others one life better while yours lasts. William Penn understood this well as you can see, so he taught it.

8. rs0139

“I expect to pass through life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn) .Well…once I did not take my bird and it died in the night and it was winter .The next day it was at the bottom of its cage and it was very scary because it was not moving and that was three weeks ago .

9. Nala

“The person who gives is a person who has”(Lithuanian Proverb)
    I like this Quote because it really explains what you have to do in life, you give to someone who needs, and after a while that person gives back to you when you are in need.

10. Thomas

Thomas – January 8th, 2016 at 9:07 am none Comment author #12802 on Words of Wisdom January 5 to 8 by Falcons Tech
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    “Charity is never lost . . . it ever does a work of beauty and grace upon the heart of the giver.” (Thomas Middleton)I like this quote because it makes me feel to give to charity and makes me sad about the homeless.This quote makes me feel happy about myself because I know how successful I am in life

11. Travis

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb)

This is an awesome quote because it shows how how caring people can be to one another about something that might happen to one person or there feelings get hurt. This can make our country better and safer by people helping others trough hard times.

12. Chaz

13. Ryder

“I expect to pass through life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn) I agree, I have done things that I wish I could have done over again like when somebody asked me to hold they’re bag while they went to the bathroom, but I didn’t hold it and they lost they’re bag. Also, I didn’t open the door in time, so they were late to class, and he got a tarty.

14. Kiran

“I expect to pass through life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn) I chose this quote because it teaches a lesson about how you can only do things once in your life,or that day. If you didn’t do something you wanted to do then it’s over. For example; if you
    wanted the piece of cake but someone else ate it before you then there is no other time you can get that last piece of cake that day or maybe ever.

15. Nala

I like this Quote because it really explains“The person who gives is a person who has”(Lithuanian Proverb)ins what you have to do in life. You give to someone who needs, and after a while that person gives back to you when you are in need.

16. Isabella

“I expect to pass through life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn) I chose this quote because it shows how if you do a good thing maybe a good thing will happen to you. No matter if its easy or hard you should still help.

17. Austin

“The person who gives is a person who has”.
    1.Hold the door for somebody.
    2.Help somebody with their homework if they don’t understand.
    3.If somebody doesn’t no were their classes are help them out.
    4.If on sports team help a brother or sister out.
    5.If someone cant find their library book help look.
    6.If someone doesn’t know were to go on the computer show them.

18. Chris

“I expect to pass through life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn) I like this quote because I feel like I get that feeling a lot when I don’t help someone that I see.Another reason is that I help a lot of people like that.

19. cole

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb) I think this quote means that a person who gives to others will get something back. It also means you should give to the poor.

20. Cody

I chose this statement because I can understand what it means. It means that if you give, it can make you feel good in many different ways.

21. michael

“Charity is never lost . . . it ever does a work of beauty and grace upon the heart of the giver.” (Thomas Middleton) The more you give the m ore you will get in the future and I agree with this. We need more people that can share on this world.

22. Richard

23. tearryck

24. Keanna

This means the person who gives a piece of themselves never looses anything yet gains satisfaction. They give kindness and feel good about themselves.

25. Mikayla

“I expect to pass through life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn) This quote is basically saying that you only have one life, be the best person you can be. When you’ve passed away everybody should only have good comments to say about you because you were trying to be the best you possible.

26. jenna

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb). I think that this means that a person who is kind and shares probably has satisfaction. These people are very nice, kind, and sharing people that know how to help people and they feel good about themselves and other people.

27. Tyler

I agree with this quote because usually the people that give things to people are people that have what others want. Usually people that give are nice and generous.

28. mb0149

I chose this quote because it says that if you give something you get something back. It also says that you should give because you won;t loose anything you will gain something, like confidence or just make you feel good.

29. Trishaal

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb) That is quote means that who gives has a heart. Sometimes people while pay you back when you need help.

30. Caleb

I chose this one because people that donate money and stuff to charity are usually people that have a lot of money. People with a lot of money need to start worrying about other kids around the world who don’t have those things so that we wont have to worry about starving kids anymore.

31. Kennedy

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb) I think this means that if you do something nice for someone then someone will do something nice for you. If you give something to someone who needs it more than you then one day they might return the favor.

32. Jarrett

I agree with this because if an opportunity pops up then you need to take especially if you can do a kindness act to another person that might save them or make them happy. This is shown because if you don’t take the chance then it might disappear and it’s your chance to make a difference in a persons life.

33. Austin

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb) If you give things to other people then you will get lots in return. A good life perhaps.

34. Spencer

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb) To me this says that the more you give to people the more likely to get something back. When doing something for someone not only are you making that person happy you are also might get something in return depending on the person which also might you even more happy from helping out that person.

35. ayden

This means that the person who gives to others has the most .
    I believe this is very true whoever gives to the homeless goes to bed smiling.

36. Bryan

This Proverb really inspires on your life for example if you’re entertaining you can gift entertainment to a person. If you have care or love you can gift that to them and than they will have it and gift to someone who doesn’t.

37. Leo

When I read this quote to me it means that I should give more. I n another way if I give kindness I will also receive it. I also think that everyone needs to give something everyday.

38. Wyatt

This may seem confusing but even if you give you still have. This means you may not have material but you still have heart.

39. brady

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb) I think this means that the most unlikely person to give might not have money but have heart.Also that people who have the most opportunity to give never do.

40. Cole

41. Jayson

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb) I think this is saying that you get more things in life when you give kindness to people. Then everyone will give kindness to you.

42. Max

This means that the person who gives things to people in need have stuff to give. I agree because most people only give if they can.

43. Brylie

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb) I think this quote is telling us that if you give back to a person, you gain satisfaction. If you help people, your going to be happier knowing you did something good for someone.

44. *-{Emma}-*

I think this quote is saying if you give to another person you wont be taking away from yourself you will also be gaining something ass well. If your kind to another person your being kind to yourself kindness finds its way around.

45. mb3720

“I expect to pass through life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, or any good I can do, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.” (William Penn) This means that you should make good choices in life and spend it wisely cause YOLO (you only live once.) So spend time while you can and make good choices. So this is what I think this quote means to me.

46. Zach

I believe this statement is true because it is better to give than in is to receive. Giving to others is more pleasing than getting things and you will be happier if you give.

47. Azul

The person who gives is usually the person who helps others. Even if its in a kindness, if you spread your kindness it helps with people who are sad.

48. Ryan

I think that this quote means that if you give to others you will feel better. If people give away everyday they will feel better in return.

49. Eddie

I choose this quote because I think it is saying that kindness is always appreciative and people should be kind to each other. Also that you can only do things one at a time in life and to pass through life helpful.

50. Meghan

“The person who gives is a person who has”. (Lithuanian Proverb) i think this means that if you give then you will get something back.If your nice to someone you will get kindness back.