Words of Wisdom April 6 – 10

Standard

Image result for friendship

Select one of the quotes from the words of wisdom this week, copy and paste the quote in the response, and then write at least two thoughtful sentences in response. You are welcome to either agree or disagree with the statement. References to your own experiences are welcome.

Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships. –Stephen Covey

Part of growing up is realizing you learn to love so many people. It’s about forming those relationships and finding what will last forever. –Dylan O’Brien

Assumptions are the termites of relationships.

Henry Winkler
People are basically the same the world over. Everybody wants the same things – to be happy, to be healthy, to be at least reasonably prosperous, and to be secure. They want friends, peace of mind, good family relationships, and hope that tomorrow is going to be even better than today. –Zig Ziglar

94 thoughts on “Words of Wisdom April 6 – 10

1. daniel

Assumptions are the termites of relationships.This is saying that if you assume something,it could ruin friendships.Also what it means by termites is that termites ruin things.

2. Bryan

Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships. -Stephen Covey

When you trust someone you feel safe, because one in the whole world agree with you. This quote tells me one thing not about friendship, but no matter how bad life is for you you’ve got to savor it, because every opportunity comes once in a life time.

3. triston

Assumptions are the termites of relationships. In a relationship if you assume she will by you something you are wrong. You will be buying her everything.

4. Riann

If you cant trust or if you have a friend who cant trust you then you don’t have a very good relation ship. If you can trust your friends and they can trust you then you will most likely have a good long relation.

5. diego

Assumptions are the termites of relationships.In a relationship there needs to be minimum fights.The other thing that needs to happen is need to be fair with things you buy each other.

6. Joshua

Henry Winkler

Assumptions in a relationships are like termites in which the slowly gnaw away at the relationship. After a while the whole relationship will be gone. And just like the relationship it’ll never come back.

7. dalton

Henry Winkler
    People are basically the same the world over. Everybody wants the same things – to be happy, to be healthy, to be at least reasonably prosperous, and to be secure. They want friends, peace of mind, good family relationships, and hope that tomorrow is going to be even better than today. -Zig Ziglar
    I like this quote because it is saying that everyone is the same . Another reason I like this quote is because its saying that treat everyone kindly because everyone wants the same thing .

8. Hayden

Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundation principle that holds all relationships. -Stephen Covey
    This shows how people have friends in they’re lives. While what people do you will always have a friend to trust you.

9. Brad

I get what they are saying but it is just not true. If you assume something good about someone than it is really a compliment that makes them feel better.

10. Erik

“Part of growing up is realizing you learn to love so many people. It’s about forming those relationships and finding what will last forever.” -Dylan O’Brien

This is a good quote because it is true. If you have more relationships then there is a more likely chance of there being at least one person you will always have a good relationship with.

11. cameron

Part of growing up is realizing you learn to love so many people. It’s about forming those relationships and finding what will last forever. -Dylan O’Brien This quote is true because when you grow up you learn who your true friends are and who you like. When you are Best friends you usually last forever and love eachother in your own ways.

12. stephanie

Part of growing up is realizing you learn to love so many people. It’s about forming those relationships and finding what will last forever. -Dylan O’Brien
    This quote means that as you grow up you will grow to love many people. But making a relationships with love will always last forever.

13. david

Part of growing up is realizing you learn to love so many people. It’s about forming those relationships and finding what will last forever. -Dylan O’Brien I agree with this statement making friends is a important part of life. I also like forming strong relationships not just little friends that come and go.

14. Austin

This says that not everybody in your life will last. But if you do it right, you’ll have a few that last.

15. People are basically the same the world over. Everybody wants the same things – to be happy, to be healthy, to be at least reasonably prosperous, and to be secure. They want friends, peace of mind, good family relationships, and hope that tomorrow is going to be even better than today. -Zig Ziglar
    As much as people will deny it, this is true. Though each person has minor differences, we, as a species all desire and pursuit the same things.

16. Sammy

This quote rightly explains our Earth, because people are different. You must learn to like all the people you meet, to make the world a better place.

17. Hannah

This is true in so many ways. Earning trust is like climbing a ladder, you have to go up one level at a time, until your at the top.

18. cassidy

Henry Winkler
    I feel this is true because if you’ve ever had a friend and they weren’t the best and you just assume what ever bad happens is because of them and then you tell them what you think it doesn’t turn out great. I even have my own experience not quite the same way but it was close: after I moved here I assumed my friends would be mad at me for leaving so I didn’t try to talk to them after wards ,but now a few years its been and I talked to them they were just happy I finally tried to contact them.

19. Jonathan

I agree with this for many reasons. assumptions have ruined alot of my relationships.

20. Shivani

This quote tells me that while you grow up you learn more things. Like when I started growing up, I started realizing who are good friends and who are not.

21. Bressa

Relationships are dependent on trust. If you are lied to then that person will not earn you trust. Trust is not given “free.” You have to earn it from others. Lying is not the answer.

22. Savannah

Part of growing up is realizing you learn to love so many people. It’s about forming those relationships and finding what will last forever. -Dylan O’Brien I agree with this quote because when you’re young you learn all your life lessons. I also believe when you’re young you get taught everything you need to know when you’re grown.

23. Stephanie

I really enjoy this quote, because it claims that in order to build a strong relationship, you have to be able to trust the person. If you don’t have trust, then the relationship won’t be able to progress and grow stronger.

24. Shivani

This quote tells me that while you grow up you learn more things. Like while I am growing up I can tell who are good friends and who are not.

25. brandon

26. nicholas

Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships. -Stephen Covey I agree with this quote, because if you can’t trust someone, then you are more likely to not want to be around that person. Also, if you earn you trust the bond between you and that person will become very tight.

27. Ryan

This quote means that in life you might meet 1000 people but only have a few real friends. You need to be friends with others to find that.

28. joseph

I agree with this quote. You need trust in order to have a friend. If you have a problem or someone else does you rely on each other not to tell anyone else if it shouldn’t be. It is the glue to any relationship either love or friendship

29. Joey

I like this quote because it is true that everyone wants those things in there life. In my opinion I would want the same also.

30. Braden

I agree with this quote because when you grow up you make friends. Only the good friends are the ones that you will be friends with forever.

31. Cody

I chose this statement because it made sense to me when I read it. When I think about trust I think it is the most important thing for having a great relationship.

32. trent

I agree with you that relationships depend on trust. One of my best friend told a horrible lie right to my face and right then was where we were no longer friends. What would you do if someone lied to your face

33. trent

I agree with you that relationships depend on trust. One of my best friend told a horrible lie right to my face and right then was where we were no longer friends. What would you do if someone lied to your face?

34. Caleb

I chose this one because everybody is either married, is in a relationship, or has good friends. Everyone just needs to find the most loyal person for you that you can stick by and hold that relationship so that they will always be by your side.

35. steven

Assumptions are the termites of relationships.I have chosen this statement because it is true. Because if you just guess on stuff you will get it wrong. Also you can ruin may things by guessing.

36. cole

This shows how people have friends in they’re lives. It also shows how family can still together no matter what.

37. Olivia

I agree with this so much. I think when you grow up, you surround yourself with more people you love. Friends,family,animals, etc. You try to find the person you want to spend your life with,and try to make the moments last for as long as you can.

38. Tramaine

Its important to have trust in someone in your friendship. Communication is another important thing in friendship.

39. Nathan

This is true because trust can be hard with some people. It is hard to trust someone if you don’t know them that well.

40. Janilyn-Rayana

I think that this quote is true. When there is no trust, there is nothing… no love. The only thing you’ll get when you are not trusted, is being blamed, losing friends, getting looks, and the only people who will like that you lied are the delinquents in school. That’s how I feel about trust. 🙂

41. Aaron

This means that there will be one person who will be your friend forever. You just have to find that person

42. (ORSON)

Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships. -Stephen Covey I think this quote is completely true. I have had a friend who lied to me and i didn’t trust him anymore. This represents the story “the boy who cried wolf”.

43. khaliah

“Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.” (Sigmund Freud)I agree with that because when your honest with your self your truthful.I also agree with that because your honest with your self you can be honest with others.

44. Ethan

Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships. -Stephen Covey I agree with this because if your are not trusted people wont believe you and ignore you. You need to earn peoples trust and you will be good in life.